The Student Room Group

6med

Is the 6med question bank any good - does anyone have any experience with it ?
Hey! I am using the 6med ucat bank this year, my exam is in aug. They have plenty of qs (+worked answers) and mock exams plus super helpful info on all strategies for each section. But, there are a few errors and trouble with viewing of the pages. For example, sometimes you have to zoom out on your web browser to view the whole page or some of the worked out answer are wrong. 6med are very happy for you to contact them with any problems though and they are willing to improve their resources to be as high quality and user friendly as possible. I have also heard that even banks such as medify have their errors and 6med is definitely still useable. It is much better value for money too so I would recommend. Hope that has helped in some way. Best of luck with your application ☺️
Reply 2
Original post by Abbiegiglio
Hey! I am using the 6med ucat bank this year, my exam is in aug. They have plenty of qs (+worked answers) and mock exams plus super helpful info on all strategies for each section. But, there are a few errors and trouble with viewing of the pages. For example, sometimes you have to zoom out on your web browser to view the whole page or some of the worked out answer are wrong. 6med are very happy for you to contact them with any problems though and they are willing to improve their resources to be as high quality and user friendly as possible. I have also heard that even banks such as medify have their errors and 6med is definitely still useable. It is much better value for money too so I would recommend. Hope that has helped in some way. Best of luck with your application ☺️

Yess I’ve been using it for the past few days and have noticed that sometimes I can’t fully scroll down. But it seems alright apart from that, thanks for the detailed reply aswell!
Reply 3
Original post by A.studious
Is the 6med question bank any good - does anyone have any experience with it ?

Lots of discussion on the UCAT thread
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6864776
Reply 4
Original post by GANFYD

i know but unfortunately was not getting a reply for this particular question :/
Reply 5
i know but unfortunately was not getting a reply for this particular question :/

This thread has had 60 views, the UCAT one over 111,000, so you are more likely to find people with an opinion there - maybe people just don't have an answer? Most just use Medify or MedEntry plus the official resources
Reply 6
Original post by GANFYD
This thread has had 60 views, the UCAT one over 111,000, so you are more likely to find people with an opinion there - maybe people just don't have an answer? Most just use Medify or MedEntry plus the official resources

yes I am aware of that and have asked a few questions on that thread. But as I said I needed help on a certain thing that no one from that thread was familiar with or were maybe too busy answering other concerns . Medify isn't affordable for me and I found that 6med offered something better, and for less money, but wanted to know more about it before investing into it. What's most popular isn't always the best! :smile:
Reply 7
yes I am aware of that and have asked a few questions on that thread. But as I said I needed help on a certain thing that no one from that thread was familiar with or were maybe too busy answering other concerns . Medify isn't affordable for me and I found that 6med offered something better, and for less money, but wanted to know more about it before investing into it. What's most popular isn't always the best! :smile:

The problem is, that very few people are going to have experience of more than the 2 or 3 resources I have mentioned. Most people feel they give good preparation, so are not going to be looking at resources about which they have no idea regarding validity, reliability, etc.
If 6med works for you, then you should use it, and of course, you can post your query wherever you like (within reason); I was simply directing you to where there is more footfall and people with experience of the UCAT as you were more likely to get an answer. And how much would you trust the opinion of 1 or 2 random people on the internet? Consensus is probably what makes anonymous opinions most useful.
The discussion and experience of those on the the UCAT thread over many years has always settled on the fact that the fact that these resources are the best, hence why they are most popular :smile:
Have you looked at the bursaries available from Medify or MedEntry, as they frequently state they have a lot of financial support available?
Reply 8
Original post by GANFYD
The problem is, that very few people are going to have experience of more than the 2 or 3 resources I have mentioned. Most people feel they give good preparation, so are not going to be looking at resources about which they have no idea regarding validity, reliability, etc.
If 6med works for you, then you should use it, and of course, you can post your query wherever you like (within reason); I was simply directing you to where there is more footfall and people with experience of the UCAT as you were more likely to get an answer. And how much would you trust the opinion of 1 or 2 random people on the internet? Consensus is probably what makes anonymous opinions most useful.
The discussion and experience of those on the the UCAT thread over many years has always settled on the fact that the fact that these resources are the best, hence why they are most popular :smile:
Have you looked at the bursaries available from Medify or MedEntry, as they frequently state they have a lot of financial support available?

The thing is medic mentor did a 6 week study to choose which UCAT question bank is the best and most reasonable for money, and found it to be 6med. I know a lot of people haven’t used 6med and I respect that. With Medify through my research most people say some sections are much easier than the real exam. So I’m not using Medify for that reason, as I don’t want to put my own money towards something that might give me a false sense of hope. You have a good point about whether trusting 1 or 2 people on the internet is a good idea, but at the point of writing the post I had already bought the question bank, due to the good reviews I’ve heard but just wanted to know a bit more about it, whether that was one or 2 people giving their opinion, I would still be using the question bank. I am open to the opinions on the UCAT thread and think it’s an amazing source of info, which I still read a lot when it comes to tips etc. Thanks for your time :smile: xx
Reply 9
The thing is medic mentor did a 6 week study to choose which UCAT question bank is the best and most reasonable for money, and found it to be 6med. I know a lot of people haven’t used 6med and I respect that. With Medify through my research most people say some sections are much easier than the real exam. So I’m not using Medify for that reason, as I don’t want to put my own money towards something that might give me a false sense of hope. You have a good point about whether trusting 1 or 2 people on the internet is a good idea, but at the point of writing the post I had already bought the question bank, due to the good reviews I’ve heard but just wanted to know a bit more about it, whether that was one or 2 people giving their opinion, I would still be using the question bank. I am open to the opinions on the UCAT thread and think it’s an amazing source of info, which I still read a lot when it comes to tips etc. Thanks for your time :smile: xx

I am always suspicious of recommendations like this when the Organisation they are recommending has a banner across the top saying "Proudly partnered with Medic Mentor in 2021."

Hopefully that partnership is the result of them finding 6med were amazing, rather than the reason behind it!
If it is everything you hope it will be, do put some info on the UCAT thread, so awareness is increased. My son used it a bit several years ago, when it was still free and did find it useful, just not as good as Medify. No doubt they have developed and improved it since then, as have Medify, who have altered the difficulty of their VR to be more in line with the official UCAT one, apparently, this year. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending