The Student Room Group

2023 entry

Hi everyone:smile:
Can you please tell when I can submit my UCAS application for 2023 entry? I mean do you know the exact deadline dates?
Thanks a lot,
- someone new
You submit your UCAS application on the autumn term of Y13 (your final year at school) - so those intending to go to Uni in Autumn 2022 would submit their application this autumn. Applicants in Y13 can also apply for deferred entry - to start in autumn 2023 - when they apply this autumn.

If you will still be in Y12 this autumn, you cannot submit your UCAS application until the 2022 admissions cycle. Applications usually open in May so that you can set up your application but you cannot actually submit it to UCAS until September. UCAS closes for main-cycle applications in mid-January.

See this list of indicative dates for those applying from this September - the dates are usually pretty much the same each year - https://www.ucas.com/ucas/events/find/cycle/2022/type/key-date. The Jan deadline date was only put back 2 weeks this year because of lockdown. There is no anticipation that the date will be varied again.

Why do you need exact deadline dates...?
Original post by sevinalef
Can you please tell when I can submit my UCAS application for 2023 entry? I mean do you know the exact deadline dates?
Thanks a lot,
- someone new

You’re very early for 2023 entry! If you’re looking to join university in September 2023, the deadline for most courses and universities will be January 15th 2023. However, if you’re applying for certain courses (like medicine or dentistry) or you’re applying to Oxford or Cambridge, then there is an earlier deadline of October 15th 2022.
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
You submit your UCAS application on the autumn term of Y13 (your final year at school) - so those intending to go to Uni in Autumn 2022 would submit their application this autumn. Applicants in Y13 can also apply for deferred entry - to start in autumn 2023 - when they apply this autumn.

If you will still be in Y12 this autumn, you cannot submit your UCAS application until the 2022 admissions cycle. Applications usually open in May so that you can set up your application but you cannot actually submit it to UCAS until September. UCAS closes for main-cycle applications in mid-January.

See this list of indicative dates for those applying from this September - the dates are usually pretty much the same each year - https://www.ucas.com/ucas/events/find/cycle/2022/type/key-date. The Jan deadline date was only put back 2 weeks this year because of lockdown. There is no anticipation that the date will be varied again.

Why do you need exact deadline dates...?

Actually the education system in my country is different from EU countries. We do not have Y13 and we enter university after finishing Y12 (I am starting Y11 this autumn), and I wanted to know whether I could submit my application this autumn or not.

However, thanks a lot for your answer. It really helped me:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by BlueEyedGirl_
You’re very early for 2023 entry! If you’re looking to join university in September 2023, the deadline for most courses and universities will be January 15th 2023. However, if you’re applying for certain courses (like medicine or dentistry) or you’re applying to Oxford or Cambridge, then there is an earlier deadline of October 15th 2022.

Indeed I am! I thought I could start it this autumn:s-smilie:
Anyway, thank you so much for your answer. Hope you have a good day:biggrin:
Indeed I am! I thought I could start it this autumn:s-smilie:
Anyway, thank you so much for your answer. Hope you have a good day:biggrin:

No harm looking into universities or going to open days this Autumn though. The main open day period in Summer/Autumn 2022 will be very busy so if you get a chance to go this Autumn you might as well!
Reply 6
Original post by thegalaxy
No harm looking into universities or going to open days this Autumn though. The main open day period in Summer/Autumn 2022 will be very busy so if you get a chance to go this Autumn you might as well!

I definitely will try!
Thanks a lot and I hope you a good day:smile:
Thanks a lot,
- someone new

If you look on the UCAS website all the dates for 2023 entry are now on there. Good luck!
Reply 8
Original post by BlueEyedGirl_

I'm sorry but this information isn't totally accurate.
The published deadline on the UCAS website for most courses is 25th January 2023 BUT THIS IS NOT YOUR DEADLINE!!! Your school or college are likely to want you to complete your form by the middle of November so they have time to check it and make sure your statement is as good as it can be. They then need time to write a reference and add your predicted grades. They then send it. Ideally you need to talk to your tutor about how your school or college works it.
The published deadline for applications for Medicine / Dentistry / Vet Science and any undergraduate course at Oxford or Cambridge is 15th October 2022 BUT THIS IS NOT YOUR DEADLINE!!!! As above. Most schools and colleges would like you to have completed your application by middle September.
You are not too early to be looking at 2023. There are lots of open days and summer schools happening now, which hopefully will help you in your research. all the posh kids will have been doing their research for months!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending