Oacio
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
During the period of time when we were supposed to choose universities I was going through a pretty rough time and as a result made a pretty stupid decision - I made a university with a lower entry requirement (Bath Spa) my firm and a university with a signficiantly higher entry requirement (Lougborough) my insurance. Most people would have the common sense to put the university with the highest entry requirement as their firm, but I didn't as I signficantly prefer (or did prefer) the university with the lower entry requirements.

Not only has my opinion slightly shifted towards loughborough, but I've also only recently found out that if I get my firm choice (which I'm practically garunteed to get due to how low the entry requirement is) my insurance will automatically be declined.

Is there a way to switch my insurance and firm? I've read somewhere that you can call UCAS about it, but I have a really severe phobia of calling people, and I mean really severe. I can't even pick up the phone to my family when they try and call me.

I could get my parents to do it for me, but I feel like that would be really embarassaing on my behalf seeing as I'm almost 18. Is there an alternative? I'm almost just considering declining Bath Spa as my firm so that Loughborough becomes my only option, but then I wouldn't have a university to fall back on if I didn't meet the grades.

Also slightly unrelated to what I'm asking, but I saw a really interesting course in clearing at York University that I prefer over the course at Loughborough. If I by some miracle met the higher entry requirements at York on results day, would I be able to decline my firm (and insurance if I still have one) and apply for the clearing space instead?
SyedN
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You can always DM UCAS on Twitter and ask for help there. They do reply slow but they do reply.
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Contact UCAS asap - preferably by phone 0371 4680468 open to 6:30pm tonight.

Ask if you can switch your Firm and Insurance. UCAS may have 'blanket' permission to do this or they may ask you to then contact the two Unis. Its usually totally straightforward at this time of year - but you need to contact UCAS asap to get the ball rolling.
Last edited by McGinger; 2 months ago
Oacio
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Contact UCAS asap - preferably by phone 0371 4680468 open to 6:30pm tonight.

Ask if you can switch your Firm and Insurance. UCAS may have 'blanket' permission to do this or they may ask you to then contact the two Unis. Its usually totally straightforward at this time of year - but you need to contact UCAS asap to get the ball rolling.
(Original post by SyedN)
You can always DM UCAS on Twitter and ask for help there. They do reply slow but they do reply.
Thank you so much! Just sent them a DM on twitter, hopefully I'll get a response soon enough.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.82%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.45%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (37)
16.82%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
15%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (59)
26.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19.09%

Watched Threads