Research Project for Medical Student?

Watch this thread
samvk
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Any suggestion of resources for research projects for medical students?
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Moved to Current Med Students and Drs and renamed so you get the best repsonses
samvk
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by becausethenight)
Moved to Current Med Students and Drs and renamed so you get the best repsonses
Thank you
Letournel
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by samvk)
Any suggestion of resources for research projects for medical students?
Best thing you can do early on if you genuinely want to do research is to find a supervisor who can mentor you.

Choose your mentor wisely, someone with a solid academic track record in a department that is active and supportive.
2026_helia
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
try out the latest issues in medicine today, or learn about the current most fastly spreading diseases or issues relating to medicine, in the world.

for example, parkinsons disease is second to alzheimers. i feel like alzheimers is ioverly used in research papers, but parkinsons not so much.

mine is: "what is the best treatment for parkinsons disease?"
I evaluated the efficacy of levodopa-carbidopa intestinal gel, deep brain stimulation, and dopamine agonists. I'm doing my EPQ on it - a dissertstion.

so damn awarding.

just start reading a random interesting article you can find thats up to date. then find things you dont know, that it talks about. then research about those things, then search up other things that come up along the way and see what you like and set your mind to.

have fun!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (16)
18.39%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (30)
34.48%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
5.75%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.15%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (9)
10.34%
Reading articles about what steps to take (17)
19.54%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
4.6%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
5.75%

Watched Threads