Unknown2112
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I have been offered a place at east 15 to do World performance and am currently in the process of applying for Chichester to do Triple threat.

I am a bit unsure on where to go to as I would love to go to drama school but am now leaning more towards musical theatre so don't want to not enjoy myself!

Any advice would be great!
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
If you want to be a professional performer then go to East 15. Its a well regarded theatre school with a solid reputation, all the theatre etc contacts you will need and you will receive an excellent world-class training.

Chichester is an ex-teacher training college with no reputation for anything.
It certainly isn't worth wasting £55k+ on if you actually want to be taken seriously.
Unknown2112
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
If you want to be a professional performer then go to East 15. Its a well regarded theatre school with a solid reputation, all the theatre etc contacts you will need and you will receive an excellent world-class training.

Chichester is an ex-teacher training college with no reputation for anything.
It certainly isn't worth wasting £55k+ on if you actually want to be taken seriously.
Thank you!

I do think they both have spotlight membership tho
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Unknown2112)
Thank you!

I do think they both have spotlight membership tho
Which means nothing - its just a catalogue of acting students. Drama Schools such as East 15 will have agents and directors flocking to their public productions, and saying you have trained there will immediately make people sit up. - 'Chichester' will just get a blank stare.
University of Chichester
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Unknown2112)
I have been offered a place at east 15 to do World performance and am currently in the process of applying for Chichester to do Triple threat.

I am a bit unsure on where to go to as I would love to go to drama school but am now leaning more towards musical theatre so don't want to not enjoy myself!

Any advice would be great!
Hey!

Great to hear you're considering us and congratulations on your offer at East 15!

Our Triple Threat course has gained national recognition for excellence as it offers students the opportunity to present fully scaled productions and work with professional production teams. Our students receive a high level of contact hours, a graduate showcase in a West End theatre in London as well as Spotlight membership, a global casting agency which connects performers with roles in theatre, television and film productions.

Feel free to chat with our lovely Musical Theatre students via Unibuddy and ask them about their course experiences, they'd be more than happy to chat with you

If you wanted to see our facilities and get a feel for Chichester, you should definitely book a campus tour, we'd love to show you around! To book, please visit https://www.chi.ac.uk/search/course-...s/campus-tours.

If you have any questions at all or would like us to put you in contact with Triple Threat lecturers, please let us know

Thanks, Sian
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Some of the stories coming out of E15 around #metoo and BLM were extremely concerning tbh. I would recommend that you check twitter/insta and similar for those testimonials before you jump in and ask E15 to address anything that concerns you. Better to go in with your eyes open.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
https://www.essexstudent.com/news/ar...-new-measures/

ArtsEd and Guildhall both got a pasting for abusive behaviours in senior staff too.

https://www.helenraw.com/press-2010-2021 has more details
Last edited by PQ; 4 months ago
Unknown2112
Rep:
I get you, I'm just a bit concerned that doing a world performance degree will not take me in the direction professionally I want to go as I would like to do musical theatre as a career but lack experience hence wanting to do it as a degree and gain experience. I went to a campus tour over the weekend at chichester and they have fantastic facilities and the students were saying they have really good connections east 15 dont have any campus tours right now so can't really get a feel for anything! But seems to be relatively small in comparison facility wise and a few people have said they have had bad experiences when graduating. Did you go to drama school yourself/ are you in the industry?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (106)
34.3%
Yes - a trusted person (88)
28.48%
No (82)
26.54%
I'm not sure (33)
10.68%

Watched Threads