The Student Room Group

Personal Statement Advice

How many books should I mention in my personal statement? I'm applying for English. I've done further reading around 'The Handmaid's Tale' and 'The Book of Margery Kempe'. I'm currently reading 'The Nibluegield' and plan on reading 'The Feminist Mystique.' However, I also want to mention poetry such as Shakespeare's 'Rape of Lucree' or something from Chauncer. I've also done an EPQ and several MOOCs. Is this too much to mention in my personal statement. Thank you!
Original post by aribasxx
How many books should I mention in my personal statement? I'm applying for English. I've done further reading around 'The Handmaid's Tale' and 'The Book of Margery Kempe'. I'm currently reading 'The Nibluegield' and plan on reading 'The Feminist Mystique.' However, I also want to mention poetry such as Shakespeare's 'Rape of Lucree' or something from Chauncer. I've also done an EPQ and several MOOCs. Is this too much to mention in my personal statement. Thank you!

It shouldn’t be about quantity of books in your personal statement - instead, include just 1 or 2 and then mention what you liked best about the book, what you took away from it, what theme you enjoyed etc. There’s no point just listing books, you need to show what you got from them :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by BlueEyedGirl_
It shouldn’t be about quantity of books in your personal statement - instead, include just 1 or 2 and then mention what you liked best about the book, what you took away from it, what theme you enjoyed etc. There’s no point just listing books, you need to show what you got from them :smile:

thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending