The Student Room Group

Why do you all like Windows computers so much?

Guy at uni tried showing me his new hp laptop, I just told him I’m a mac user and I don’t speak broke.

Scroll to see replies

I don't, hate them. Mac user for life.
Because a gaming rig destroys mac on every level. Mac systems are for the computer illiterate.
Reply 3
Original post by lil5ve
Guy at uni tried showing me his new hp laptop, I just told him I’m a mac user and I don’t speak broke.

So do you just like the thrill of spending money or what
Windows holds around a 90% global market share as well. Majority of developers are not going to waste their time on such a niche user base.
Mac systems are for foools. Why would you buy that thing when you can't do most of the things you can do in Windows PC?
Or rather, Macs are for those who don’t know how to spend their money wisely :wink:
Original post by random_matt
Windows holds around a 90% global market share as well. Majority of developers are not going to waste their time on such a niche user base.

And yet they do, I have never struggled for software.
Reply 8
Original post by random_matt
Because a gaming rig destroys mac on every level. Mac systems are for the computer illiterate.

We are not talking about desktop machines or gaming machines we are talking day to day laptops
Reply 9
How do you communicate with your father then?
Original post by lil5ve
We are not talking about desktop machines or gaming machines we are talking day to day laptops

Why do you need to spend £1200+ on just a day to day laptop?

I've had 2 Macbooks before, both overheated and broke within 2 years. They're overpriced trash, people just buy them for the branding.
Original post by lil5ve

I own a Dell XPS 15 and I can assure you that, its waaaayy expensive than many Macs out there. So yea windows is not cheap and there are premium models available.

And when my friends take their Macs out infront of me, I say I dont speak broke.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by lil5ve

You bought a Mac as a day to day laptop :lol:
cause there's no reason to waste money on products that are incompatible with other brands. apple is in it's own little bubble but google, and motorola, and windows, and linux all cooperate
Original post by 64Lightbulbs
cause there's no reason to waste money on products that are incompatible with other brands. apple is in it's own little bubble but google, and motorola, and windows, and linux all cooperate

How are Macs incompatible with other OS?
Imagine being so full of yourself over money...
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 16
cheap nuff said.
Reply 17
Original post by DiddyDec
You bought a Mac as a day to day laptop :lol:

How is it not? Go on..
Original post by lil5ve
How is it not? Go on..

Easy target for thieves if you are out and about. Nobody wants to steal a **** £250 laptop when they can have the £1000+ laptop.
Because Windows>Mac :smug:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending