The Student Room Group

Bizzare bank hcsw experience

So I used to work as a bank healthcare worker in hospitals I’m a student nurse though in university anyways I worked on a certain ward and there was one band 6 nurse who was like in her mid 40s and two other healthcare assistants, one who was also on my course. Anyways I don’t drive so I had to call taxis to get to work that day so I was going to arrive late so I rang the ward and told them that I’d be late also when I got there late I apologied to the nurse I was on shift with. Anyways let’s fast forward a bit. I was meant to be put on placement on that ward but the band 6 nurse didn’t want me to be sent there and she reported me to the health board and to the council. Why you might ask? Because I came late to work also she said I had a bad attitude and accused me of trying to leave work early when I never did so. Also I aplogised and called the ward and said I’d be late. As for bad attitude I have no idea to this day what she was talking about considering I hardly talked to her or the other healthcare assistants I mainly just spent time chatting to the patients and helping them because that’s what we’re supposed to do and she (the band 6 nurse) was the one who was being constantly rude to me the entire shift saying “instead of standing there doing absolutely nothing go and talk to the patients” but she said that in a rude way like she was commanding me also she was talking about me behind my back constantly with another healthcare assistant. And I’m only 19 and she’s 20+ years older than me. Anyways the council said that it’s not a serious situation so they didn’t do anything about it nor did the university thankfully but I thought this was a very bizzare situation and she’s basically banned me from that ward and told the university not to bring me on placement there and I should never work there again. When I literally did nothing wrong.
I feel you. I don't know what to say i have had simmilar experiences
I think you are not sure what to say ...
Reply 3
Original post by elixirhtc
I think you are not sure what to say ...

What do you mean??
Reply 4
Original post by Blackstarr
I feel you. I don't know what to say i have had simmilar experiences

It’s terrible isn’t it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending