Pomodoro method not working?

Watch this thread
username5789349
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Ok, so my initial plan of studying wasn't the best despite using it for so long. I decided to try the Pomodoro method using the 50/10 method ( 50 minutes study, 10 minutes break). Even so, my focus is completely poor. Of course, I have the motivation and a plan for what to do but I still never seem to be able to complete them all even though I put in a couple of goals. If anyone can help then that would be great.

green pepper
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
Try focusing on completing tasks rather than how many minutes of studying you have completed. I would give myself a break after each task is completed.
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
50 seems like too a long time - the idea of pomodoro is maximum intensity for short duration bursts - I wouldn't suggest messing about with the durations until you've got it working well with the suggested 25 mins

get everything you need gathered together before starting the timer

Treat it as a challenge to get as much done in each pomodoro as possible and not get distracted

Maybe start small with a couple of sets of 2 x 25 minute pomodoros

Don't worry about estimating what you'll get through in a pomodoro incorrectly provided you didn't allow yourself to get distracted... just roll unfinished tasks forward into the next pomodoro and start again at maximum intensity.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (140)
66.35%
No (47)
22.27%
I didn't use it to prepare (24)
11.37%

Watched Threads