Vladimir Simenok
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I am currently in Estonia. I want to use the practical and theory I gained as a paramedic during my conscription in the Estonian military in combination with my 1st class bachelor in chemistry at Sussex University to further develop as a member of the scientific community. I also have been included in a published paper of research I completed in my 2nd year, I really want to do research in Master. After my experience serving abroad, I want to be able to study in a new country. Scotland has been a place I have had my eyes set on for a while.

But my situation is quite peculiar. I am a British and EU national and have no clue if I should go through SFE or SAAS and as to whom is it best for me (financially) to apply as?

I also noticed that courses from Glasgow to Edinburgh can range from 4.5k to 17.2k. Do all Masters range in price?

There must be a handful of people that have had a similar sort of situation. Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Last edited by Vladimir Simenok; 2 months ago
Badges: 11
Report 2 weeks ago
fee wise you will be treated better as an eu resident. no maintenance component though. if you have been overseas for a while you dont have english residency. so the english student loans folks may reject you. it depends how long you have been away. student time does not count.

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
new posts
to top
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.


Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (299)
No (56)

Watched Threads

View All