majp
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi, I'm just asking to see if I will still get funding when for switching university courses. I previously studied a different course for a year then switched to a new 2 year course but now having second throughts about doing it in two years and would like to switch to the 3 years(Same course just in 3 years instead of 2). Will student finance still fund me for the last 2 years? I will be going into second year of the 3 year course. (Two years of funding used, and I will need the additional two)
Last edited by majp; 2 months ago
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by majp)
Hi, I'm just asking to see if I will still get funding when for switching university courses. I previously studied a different course for a year then switched to a new 2 year course but now having second throughts about doing it in two years and would like to switch to the 3 years(Same course just in 3 years instead of 2). Will student finance still fund me for the last 2 years? I will be going into second year of the 3 year course. (Two years of funding used, and I will need the additional two)
Hi there,

Students can receive funding for the length of the course plus one additional year, minus any years of previous study.

You mention you have 2 years of previous study and your new course is 3 years long.
Your calculation will be 3+1-2 = 2 years of funding. You will need to self fund the first year of your new 3 year course unless you have and can provide evidence of Compelling Personal Reasons.

Thanks, Isaac
majp
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi there,

Students can receive funding for the length of the course plus one additional year, minus any years of previous study.

You mention you have 2 years of previous study and your new course is 3 years long.
Your calculation will be 3+1-2 = 2 years of funding. You will need to self fund the first year of your new 3 year course unless you have and can provide evidence of Compelling Personal Reasons.

Thanks, Isaac
So previously I studied Film Production, I then switched to Business (2 Year course) But would like to change to the 3 year Business course so the same course but instead of doing it in 2 years changing to 3 years (I have completed the first year of this course). So it's the same course but just the additional year (I will be going into second year of the business course instead of first year). Does that make a difference or not? As I will only need the 2 years of funding to finish the course since I will be going into second year not first.
Last edited by majp; 2 months ago
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by majp)
So previously I studied Film Production, I then switched to Business (2 Year course) But would like to change to the 3 year Business course so the same course but instead of doing it in 2 years changing to 3 years (I have completed the first year of this course). So it's the same course but just the additional year (I will be going into second year of the business course instead of first year). Does that make a difference or not? As I will only need the 2 years of funding to finish the course since I will be going into second year not first.
So previously I studied Film Production

I am assuming for 1 year, so that is 1 year of previous study.

I then switched to Business (2 Year course)
Another year of previous study

But would like to change to the 3 year Business course so the same course but instead of doing it in 2 years changing to 3 years (I have completed the first year of this course)

The calculation for a 3 year course with 2 years of previous study is

3+1-2= 2 years of funding. If you are starting from the 2nd year of the course, not the first then you will be funded for the 2nd and 3rd years.

Thanks, Isaac
majp
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
So previously I studied Film Production

I am assuming for 1 year, so that is 1 year of previous study.

I then switched to Business (2 Year course)
Another year of previous study

But would like to change to the 3 year Business course so the same course but instead of doing it in 2 years changing to 3 years (I have completed the first year of this course)

The calculation for a 3 year course with 2 yearsTh of previous study is

3+1-2= 2 years of funding. If you are starting from the 2nd year of the course, not the first then you will be funded for the 2nd and 3rd years.

Thanks, Isaac
Thanks so much Isaac!!! I really appreciate the help!
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by majp)
Thanks so much Isaac!!! I really appreciate the help!
You're welcome Glad to help.

Good luck with your studies
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (357)
84%
No (68)
16%

Watched Threads