The Student Room Group

Moving from England to Wales

Hiya

I study with Open university and about to start my fourth year.

Obviously the modules if you're in England have a different price to the same modules if you're in Wales.

I've queries this as we're permanently resident in Wales now and although I pay for my modules one by one each year (through SFE so far) OU have said they won't reduce the cost of my modules to the Welsh amount.

As I'm now resident in Wales I'll have to apply for finance with SFW. Are they going to be happy paying twice the amount??

Anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks!
Original post by hannahbythesea
Hiya

I study with Open university and about to start my fourth year.

Obviously the modules if you're in England have a different price to the same modules if you're in Wales.

I've queries this as we're permanently resident in Wales now and although I pay for my modules one by one each year (through SFE so far) OU have said they won't reduce the cost of my modules to the Welsh amount.

As I'm now resident in Wales I'll have to apply for finance with SFW. Are they going to be happy paying twice the amount??

Anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks!

Hi Hannah, you are not eligible for SFW funding - you should continue to apply with SFE as a continuing student.
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi Hannah, you are not eligible for SFW funding - you should continue to apply with SFE as a continuing student.
Thanks, Isaac

Hi Isaac

Each time I try it forwards me to SFW, which always comes up with an error and to try back in 24 hours.

I've updated my address with the OU and SFE.

Hannah
Original post by hannahbythesea
Hi Isaac

Each time I try it forwards me to SFW, which always comes up with an error and to try back in 24 hours.

I've updated my address with the OU and SFE.

Hannah

This means you have a Welsh address on your account.

Please either change your address to an English one, or send in a paper form.

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply