Greenhamhouse
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello, I have applied for student finance for my PGCE and live in London, not with parents. SFE says I should be entitled to £12,382. I applied for the whole loan when I applied 2 weeks ago but my application is saying I only applied for £5,618 maintenance loan. This will not be enough for me to live, how do I change it to the full amount and why has it not come up on my application summary? Is there a way of adding it on? I'm confused as to why it's only coming up as £5618. Thanks.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Greenhamhouse)
Hello, I have applied for student finance for my PGCE and live in London, not with parents. SFE says I should be entitled to £12,382. I applied for the whole loan when I applied 2 weeks ago but my application is saying I only applied for £5,618 maintenance loan. This will not be enough for me to live, how do I change it to the full amount and why has it not come up on my application summary? Is there a way of adding it on? I'm confused as to why it's only coming up as £5618. Thanks.
Hi, you have been awarded the basic finance.

To apply for the higher amount, you need complete the household income form ow.ly/d/8pbq and then either:

1. Provide your sponsors financial details https://www.gov.uk/guidance/supporti...n-3-easy-steps

OR

2. Meet the independent student criteria ow.ly/q5mJ30oSfa5

The forms can be uploaded online.

Please allow up to 6 weeks to be re assessed after applying for the higher amount.

Thanks, Isaac
Greenhamhouse
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, you have been awarded the basic finance.

To apply for the higher amount, you need complete the household income form ow.ly/d/8pbq and then either:

1. Provide your sponsors financial details https://www.gov.uk/guidance/supporti...n-3-easy-steps

OR

2. Meet the independent student criteria ow.ly/q5mJ30oSfa5

The forms can be uploaded online.

Please allow up to 6 weeks to be re assessed after applying for the higher amount.

Thanks, Isaac
Thank you!
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Greenhamhouse)
Thank you!
You're welcome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.33%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (14)
15.56%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (17)
18.89%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (10)
11.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (30)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
17.78%

Watched Threads