Mulanii
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I want apply for creative computing with a foundation year at UAL . They need a MPP for btec but I’m most likely getting an PPP .

Is it possible for me to get accepted?
Stumpy1001
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
who knows. Apply and find out. You got nothing to lose and everything to gain
University of the Arts London
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Mulanii)
I want apply for creative computing with a foundation year at UAL . They need a MPP for btec but I’m most likely getting an PPP .

Is it possible for me to get accepted?
Hi Mulanii!

Great to hear you are interested in studying with us If you are applying for our Foundation Diploma in Art and Design (assuming at Camberwell College of Arts as this is where our Creative Computing programme is) then the entry requirements are as follows:
- Portfolio of work
- Personal statement
- 1 A Level or equivalent
- Or equivalent Level 3/EU/International qualifications, such as International Baccalaureate Certificates - 2 at ‘Higher Level’ and 1 at ‘Standard Level’ - all grade 4 or above
- And 3 GCSE passes at grade 4 or above (grade A*-C)

Entry to the Foundation Diploma will also be determined by the quality of your application, looking primarily at your portfolio of work and personal statement, so based on your BTEC predictions you should be fine to apply as long as you are able to submit a strong portfolio of work (Link to portfolio advice can be found here). As the Foundation Diploma in Art and Design is a direct application to UAL it does not take up one of your 5 UCAS options, so you are absolutely welcome to also apply for BA Creative Computing also as you may be eligible for year 0 entry which requires MPP.

My advice would be to apply for the Foundation Diploma in Art and Design and also the BA Creative Computing so you have a few options. You can also look at Foundation Diploma in Art and Design courses in your local college if you wish, as we accept students from those courses onto our undergraduate programmes also.

You can also check if you are eligible for our free Insights Programme where our dedicated Outreach team can help with your application journey.

I hope this helps! And wish you the best of luck with your applications

Best wishes,
Olivia
UK Student Recruitment Officer
Last edited by University of the Arts London; 2 months ago
Mulanii
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by University of the Arts London)
Hi Mulanii!

Great to hear you are interested in studying with us If you are applying for our Foundation Diploma in Art and Design (assuming at Camberwell College of Arts as this is where our Creative Computing programme is) then the entry requirements are as follows:
- Portfolio of work
- Personal statement
- 1 A Level or equivalent
- Or equivalent Level 3/EU/International qualifications, such as International Baccalaureate Certificates - 2 at ‘Higher Level’ and 1 at ‘Standard Level’ - all grade 4 or above
- And 3 GCSE passes at grade 4 or above (grade A*-C)

Entry to the Foundation Diploma will also be determined by the quality of your application, looking primarily at your portfolio of work and personal statement, so based on your BTEC predictions you should be fine to apply as long as you are able to submit a strong portfolio of work (Link to portfolio advice can be found here). As the Foundation Diploma in Art and Design is a direct application to UAL it does not take up one of your 5 UCAS options, so you are absolutely welcome to also apply for BA Creative Computing also as you may be eligible for year 0 entry which requires MPP.

My advice would be to apply for the Foundation Diploma in Art and Design and also the BA Creative Computing so you have a few options. You can also look at Foundation Diploma in Art and Design courses in your local college if you wish, as we accept students from those courses onto our undergraduate programmes also.

You can also check if you are eligible for our free Insights Programme where our dedicated Outreach team can help with your application journey.

I hope this helps! And wish you the best of luck with your applications

Best wishes,
Olivia
UK Student Recruitment Officer
Thanks for the response , I’m hoping to apply for the bsc CCI during clearing , do you think I’d be able to get in with a PPP for year 0 as a near miss .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.56%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
19.44%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
11.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.33%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (12)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
22.22%

Watched Threads