The Student Room Group

Cambridge Language Centre Assessment

I have missed my English language requirement by a very narrow margin and have been recommended for an assessment by the language centre. I just took another IELTS test and am awaiting the results. Do I have to sit for the Cambridge assessment or my new score will be accepted?
Original post by pipac
I have missed my English language requirement by a very narrow margin and have been recommended for an assessment by the language centre. I just took another IELTS test and am awaiting the results. Do I have to sit for the Cambridge assessment or my new score will be accepted?

You will have to ask Cambridge that, but the Language Centre Assessment is generally much more straightforward than the formal exams, from the reports we get on TSR.
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
You will have to ask Cambridge that, but the Language Centre Assessment is generally much more straightforward than the formal exams, from the reports we get on TSR.

Thanks a lot!!
I'll be giving mine in a couple of hours. Can I know how many words does the writing part demands for you to write?

Original post by Guganesan
I'll be giving mine in a couple of hours. Can I know how many words does the writing part demands for you to write?

Haven't a clue, sorry. Good luck with it
Haven't a clue, sorry. Good luck with it

Not to worry; thanks for the reply.
Hi, I also have to take LC assessment test soon. can you please offer me some advice. about the pattern (how much time is allotted for each section) and how much words are we expected to write an essay. Also, I would like to know how invigilation is done in these tests. My laptop does not have webcam. So, should I purchase one for Exam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending