The Student Room Group

If I get better grades than expected should I go through adjustment?

I've applied to Liverpool Hope University (which wants 112 UCAS points), however I improved a lot in the second half of year 13 and was getting A's in History and English. If I do better on results day would it be worth going through adjustment to a better university even though I like the one I've applied to?
Original post by Jasminelaura03
I've applied to Liverpool Hope University (which wants 112 UCAS points), however I improved a lot in the second half of year 13 and was getting A's in History and English. If I do better on results day would it be worth going through adjustment to a better university even though I like the one I've applied to?

Is there a specific one you have in mind? If not, then there’s no point in going through it since you like the one you chose.
Original post by Chisjsgeusiaibdv
Is there a specific one you have in mind? If not, then there’s no point in going through it since you like the one you chose.

I was thinking maybe Cardiff or Liverpool

You should also consider a gap year.
I was thinking maybe Cardiff or Liverpool

You will be able to use Adjustment if you exceed the grades required by your Firm choice uni - the question is more, should you? I would research the possible unis carefully before results day so you are prepared to act quickly if you want to. It's worth asking other unis what is the situation with accommodation for students who get places last minute, as it may be that they will have to find private accommodation.
Original post by harrysbar
You will be able to use Adjustment if you exceed the grades required by your Firm choice uni - the question is more, should you? I would research the possible unis carefully before results day so you are prepared to act quickly if you want to. It's worth asking other unis what is the situation with accommodation for students who get places last minute, as it may be that they will have to find private accommodation.

I am not a big believer in adjustment as you are last in the queue for accommodation and many universities like Bristol have a shortage of student accommodation. I dont know the position regarding student accommodation in Liverpool but do know that there has been a surplus of student accommodation in Cardiff. Some new student blocks have been making planning permission requests over the last year or so to turn parts of their blocks into non student accommodation as they havent been able to fill them. I suspect OP will find accommodation fairly easily in Cardiff even if in non university accommodation. However it would be wise to visit wherever you are looking at before results day to ensure it is right.

https://cardiffstudentmedia.co.uk/gairrhydd/cardiffs-new-stylish-accommodation-block-remains-unfilled/
Original post by harrysbar

Hi, i've taken this into consideration and both Cardiff and Liverpool offer guaranteed accommodation for students who get in through clearing and adjustment
Subject ?
Original post by McGinger
Subject ?

History
History

If Liverpool are able to accept you on Results Day - go there.
You'll learn more, be stretched academically, have better/bigger facilities, be part of a larger and more interesting department.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending