Blur or Oasis Watch

This discussion is closed.
BLUREMI
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
This has prob been done before, so wot u guys think. As u guys might of figured out i prefer blur!
Mean Mr. Mustard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oasis for me. Blur were probably *technicially* the better band, they were alot more consistent, were far more willing to evolve with their sound and take new directions...but they just don't have songs like Live Forever or Champagne Supernova...It was Oasis at the time, it's still Oasis now...they were the first band I ever really liked, my first album was 'What's The Story...' i think they'd be the only music that I enjoyed when i was 9-10 years old, that i still enjoy now
Krim
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Blur.
BLUREMI
Rep:
?
(Original post by Babyshambles)
Oasis for me. Blur were probably *technicially* the better band, they were alot more consistent, were far more willing to evolve with their sound and take new directions...but they just don't have songs like Live Forever or Champagne Supernova...It was Oasis at the time, it's still Oasis now...they were the first band I ever really liked, my first album was 'What's The Story...' i think they'd be the only music that I enjoyed when i was 9-10 years old, that i still enjoy now
thats wot i dont like about oasis they never change theyre music sounds the same and lyrics to me are pointless and have no wit or meaning. BLUR are the greatest IMO, Oasis are overated x 10 but it depends on taste
Reema
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
For me, Oasis, but Blur tend to have been quite varied. But I absolutely loved Wonderwall, it just strikes a chord in me so it swings it that way for me .

But Blur IS good.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
For me I would say Blur, Oasis have some good stuff, but Blur were a tad more inovative. I was more into Pulp at the britpop heights of 1996. You will still see me chanting out the lytics if they play Oassi in clubs though.
LostRiot
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
old oasis > old blur
new blur > new oasis

Catch my drift. ?
Luize
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Blur. Definatly.
They seem to be the better musicians overall. Plus their songs are better.
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Love Oasis so I guess my answer's obvious (Blur isn't bad either but I love Oasis' style, even if it has been unchanged for a while)
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
they're both pretty pants
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by technik)
they're both pretty pants
:confused: :confused: :confused:
I mean I get the general not liking idea but pants?
spicebrain
Report 14 years ago
Blur by an absolute country MILE, for me. They're easily the more inventive, creative band, completely unafraid to take risks with their sound and their style. Just look at the huge jumps from The Great Escape to Blur and then to 13.

I respect the argument that Oasis possibly have more 'anthemic' songs. Oasis in their heyday (94-96) probably trumped Blur during those years (although I maintain that Parklife is a stronger album than both Definitely Maybe and ...Morning Glory, and moreover, Blur completely epitomised the whole Britpop movement as far as I'm concerned, much more so than Oasis). But Blur have their fair share of anthems too: "Tender", "Song 2", "Parklife". And Oasis have, in my opinion, stayed the same since 96. I'd say 90% of the material since has been dull and uninspired, and Liam's wail really *grates* after a while.
BLUREMI
Rep:
?
(Original post by spicebrain)
Blur by an absolute country MILE, for me. They're easily the more inventive, creative band, completely unafraid to take risks with their sound and their style. Just look at the huge jumps from The Great Escape to Blur and then to 13.

I respect the argument that Oasis possibly have more 'anthemic' songs. Oasis in their heyday (94-96) probably trumped Blur during those years (although I maintain that Parklife is a stronger album than both Definitely Maybe and ...Morning Glory, and moreover, Blur completely epitomised the whole Britpop movement as far as I'm concerned, much more so than Oasis). But Blur have their fair share of anthems too: "Tender", "Song 2", "Parklife". And Oasis have, in my opinion, stayed the same since 96. I'd say 90% of the material since has been dull and uninspired, and Liam's wail really *grates* after a while.
totally agree, i feel that any of blurs albums are better than oasis, although i wasn't that big a fan of great escape. There best is prob 13 or modern life is rubbish imo
galadriel100
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Who are Blur? I have only heard of Oasis.
BLUREMI
Rep:
?
(Original post by galadriel100)
ur joking rite
galadriel100
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BLUREMI)
ur joking rite
Maybe I should say I am joking, but no, I have no idea who blur are.
bestdeceptions
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oasis without a doubt. Yeah, Blur were good, and they did have some great songs, and Damon Albarn... :love:

But NO ONE can beat Oasis. They were the first band I ever liked aged 10, and are still my favourite band now. Every single song on every album is fantastic (except Little James, which Liam wrote, and is ****) and then you get unbeatable classics (Rock n Roll Star, Live Forever, Wonderwall etc). They are just amazing :eek: Noel is the most talented musician in the world. I love him

They are also just as good live. Best day of my life = oasis gig, going back to hotel afterwards only to discover they were staying in the same hotel and met them in the hotel bar afterwards :cool: Alan bought me a drink and I talked to Noel for over an hour and hugged him at the end

I've also seen Blur live and they were pretty disappointing.
BLUREMI
Rep:
?
(Original post by galadriel100)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/profiles/blur.shtml
BloodyValentine
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oasis all the way, they just consistently produce great songs, the Gallaghers are a hell of a lot more charismatic than any of Blur and Definitely Maybe is one of the best debut albums ever. Plus i forked out 40 quid to go see them in july so i have to back them so as not to feel ripped off
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think Blur are amazing.
For the people who don't know blur have you never heard of park life, girls and boys, beetlebum, song 2, country house, charmless man, theres no other way, coffee and tv, tender, shes so high just to name their most famous songs.
They defined music in the 90s for me. I loved them. Gorillaz is also Damon from blur and Graham Coxon has had several solo albums.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (105)
19.52%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (221)
41.08%
Nope, not that interesting (212)
39.41%

Watched Threads