vestigalrex510
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello.

Last year, I attempted to take a Japanese beginners class. However, I dropped out in May this year. I failed the class. However, I am going to retake it in September.

What can I do to improve my chances of succeeding and what equipment would I need for language learning?

Thanks.
sevinalef
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by vestigalrex510)
Hello.

Last year, I attempted to take a Japanese beginners class. However, I dropped out in May this year. I failed the class. However, I am going to retake it in September.

What can I do to improve my chances of succeeding and what equipment would I need for language learning?

Thanks.
Hello there

So you want to try again? Great!
In my opinion the best way to develop your language skills, is to have a close connection with the language (i.e. Japanese. It can be any other language). Since you're in beginners class, I think you'd better focus on pronunciation and meanings of vocabularies, and if you've learned about making sentences, start working on your sentences.
Practice daily to enrich your progress and become more familiar with it.

I don't know much about Japanese, but I told you the general tips that I use for learning new languages. Anyway, I hope this help.
Feel free to ask further questions.

Good luck
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by vestigalrex510)
Hello.

Thanks.
Hi,
I would recommend looking at what caused you to fail/struggle/lose interest last year, and consider ways to combat that this time around. Also try to keep yourself always learning, for me with Spanish it was putting sticky notes all over my room with the name in Spanish. I'd make myself say the word before opening the wardrobe or fridge or whatever the case was. Then, I took down the notes as I learnt the name and would try say it off memory. It was an interesting way for me to learn some vocab and also keep my mind in Spanish learning mode all day. It's the same with anything, if I was learning colours or numbers I would say what it is in Spanish before using the item/s. Hope this helps. If you need anything else lmk!
Samantha, Official UoP Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (0)
0%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (1)
11.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (2)
22.22%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (1)
11.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (4)
44.44%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (1)
11.11%

Watched Threads