Electronics and Electrical engineering Vs Computer science?

Watch
Alevel2407
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Which degree is better to do and which degree leads to better career prosepects.The entry requirements at top unis such as UCL seem to be much higher for CS compared to EEE so this makes me think that EEE may be easier and therefore less respected.I am predicted 3 A stars and one A in A level Maths,Physics,Economics and Further maths.I have 6 a stars,3 As and 1B at GCSE.One of the As was in computing(Grade7).Which course would i be able to get into at top uni with these grades?
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
There are numerous separate questions here -

1) Two different subjects - only you can decide which one interest you enough to spend the next 3 years studying it.

2) Entry requirements have nothing to do with the 'easiness' or the course, its 'reputation' or your career prospects.

3) 'Get into'? This isnt a game. Perhaps you'd like to start with thinking about why you want to go to University at all.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
The government didn’t do 2 studies into why EEE has a higher unemployment rate than English or media studies :indiff:

They did for CS.
Last edited by PQ; 2 months ago
MSTSR
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Alevel2407)
Which degree is better to do and which degree leads to better career prosepects.The entry requirements at top unis such as UCL seem to be much higher for CS compared to EEE so this makes me think that EEE may be easier and therefore less respected.I am predicted 3 A stars and one A in A level Maths,Physics,Economics and Further maths.I have 6 a stars,3 As and 1B at GCSE.One of the As was in computing(Grade7).Which course would i be able to get into at top uni with these grades?
CS is higher employment and EEE course is not reputed I was also planning to do EEE but dropped this idea as this is not popular as compared to other courses. I am lucky that I have Economics as well now thinking towards maths with Economics LSE
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MSTSR)
CS is higher employment and EEE course is not reputed I was also planning to do EEE but dropped this idea as this is not popular as compared to other courses. I am lucky that I have Economics as well now thinking towards maths with Economics LSE
No it isn’t. CS has a dreadful unemployment rate - so bad there has been 2 national investigations into why.
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MSTSR)
EEE course is not reputed
Source for this over generalised statement?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (6)
4.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
29.41%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed