rubyfweston
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
hi so I'm starting a levels in september and wondering whether I should change my subjects before I start

i'm currently doing business, psychology and law but i'm wondering whether to change law to sociology since it goes well with psychology and i think i'd be more interested in sociology than law.

could people that have taken sociology or law(or both) explain how they found it, if they think it's easier than others, etc.

degrees i'm thinking of doing are something to do with criminology.
Last edited by rubyfweston; 4 months ago
SB1234567890
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
I did psychology, sociology and business (mentioned a bit about all 3 in one of your other posts). I personally found sociology really interesting due to how relevant all the chapters are. It is relatively content-heavy but it is definitely manageable if you create revision resources as you go and look over them regularly (II mainly used quizlets, blurting and essay plans) and most of it is really straightforward. I found that it was quite easy (don't want to sound boastful) apart from a few topics though the topics that I found that I found difficult could have also been due to the fact that these were lockdown topics and I just about got my head around them for the assessments when I dedicated a bit more extra time to go over them

If you're interested in criminology then I'd definitely recommend sociology due to the crime and deviance chapter which includes functionalist/strain theories, labelling theory, marxism/corporate crime, realist theories, green crime/globalisation, state crime, crime and the media as well as gender and ethnic differences in offending and victimisation

Hope this helps and I'm happy to answer any specific questions you have
Last edited by SB1234567890; 4 months ago
rubyfweston
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by SB1234567890)
I did psychology, sociology and business (mentioned a bit about all 3 in one of your other posts). I personally found sociology really interesting due to how relevant all the chapters are. It is relatively content-heavy but it is definitely manageable if you create revision resources as you go and look over them regularly (II mainly used quizlets, blurting and essay plans) and most of it is really straightforward. I found that it was quite easy (don't want to sound boastful) apart from a few topics though the topics that I found that I found difficult could have also been due to the fact that these were lockdown topics and I just about got my head around them for the assessments when I dedicated a bit more extra time to go over them

If you're interested in criminology then I'd definitely recommend sociology due to the crime and deviance chapter which includes functionalist/strain theories, labelling theory, marxism/corporate crime, realist theories, green crime/globalisation, state crime, crime and the media as well as gender and ethnic differences in offending and victimisation

Hope this helps and I'm happy to answer any specific questions you have
Thank you so much! I think i'm going to email my school to change it because i think i'd personally prefer sociology and its better for what i want to do, so thankyou!
SB1234567890
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by rubyfweston)
Thank you so much! I think i'm going to email my school to change it because i think i'd personally prefer sociology and its better for what i want to do, so thankyou!
Feel free to message me if you ever have any questions about any of your A levels at any point
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.64%
Okay (112)
29.17%
A bit lacking (144)
37.5%
Not good at all (91)
23.7%

Watched Threads