abdullah1443
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Why is B the answer to this question, isn't organisms and habitats an ecosystem?
Which of the following statements about ecosystems is NOT true?
A An ecosystem is affected by biotic and abiotic factors.
B An ecosystem is all of the organisms and habitats in a large area.
C An ecosystem is dynamic.
D There is a flow of biomass between trophic levels in an ecosystem
Vetofferholder1
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
I could be wrong but I think it’s because I’m a habitat you can have multiple ecosystems and in a large area you can have multiple habitats which each have multiple ecosystems. So therefore an ecosystem isn’t made up of habitats rather a habitat is often made up of different ecosystems of many sizes (you can have micro ecosystems within much larger ecosystems)
Scimos
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
An ecosystem is the community formed between all of the biotic and abiotic matter or organisms within an area. I wonder if it is wrong because it specifically states that an ecosystem covers a large area? Many ecosystems exist on relatively small scales, such as ponds or small bodies of water.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (137)
33.74%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.35%
No (110)
27.09%
I'm not sure (52)
12.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed