The Student Room Group

Home fees or overseas fees

Hi all,

I am an EU citizen with Settled Status in the UK and I recently got a Master's offer with overseas fees from Cambridge. Knowing I was entitled to Home fees based on Settled Status, I had asked Admissions to re-assess my offer. They said they would but never got back to me even after a few emails.

I had also contacted Department of Education and got a letter saying I was entitled to Home fees and forwarded it to Admissions.

Has anyone been in the same situation recently? I would appreciate any advice, as the deadline for accepting the offer is fast approaching.

My dilemma is if I should formally accept the offer and ask for a re-evaluation later so that i do not miss the dead line or should I wait for a change in my fee status before I accept?
Original post by Elisav
Hi all,

I am an EU citizen with Settled Status in the UK and I recently got a Master's offer with overseas fees from Cambridge. Knowing I was entitled to Home fees based on Settled Status, I had asked Admissions to re-assess my offer. They said they would but never got back to me even after a few emails.

I had also contacted Department of Education and got a letter saying I was entitled to Home fees and forwarded it to Admissions.

Has anyone been in the same situation recently? I would appreciate any advice, as the deadline for accepting the offer is fast approaching.

My dilemma is if I should formally accept the offer and ask for a re-evaluation later so that i do not miss the dead line or should I wait for a change in my fee status before I accept?

Hi there, we would expect the university to charge you the home fee (max £9250). However it is up to the university what they charge. If they are charging too much then you could look for a university that is charging less/the home fee.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending