anon123456789!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by rke7241)
Hi, I have currently shortlisted Liverpool, ARU, Leicester and Aston/Edge Hill. I’m guaranteed an interview at Leicester with my achieved grades and ucat. I’m undecided between Aston and Edge Hill. Where have you thought about applying?
I have been considering liverpool, ARU, St. George’s. For Leicester could you please tell me your score, I have 58.5 but I’m scared that it’s too low as the cut off was 57 last year.
rke7241
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by anon123456789!)
I have been considering liverpool, ARU, St. George’s. For Leicester could you please tell me your score, I have 58.5 but I’m scared that it’s too low as the cut off was 57 last year.
I really wanted to apply to St Georges but the UCAT cutoff was 2620 last year so I felt it was too risky.

I've not calculated my score for Leicester because you're guaranteed an interview if you have achieved grades and if your UCAT score is in the top 5 deciles.
anon123456789!
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I really wanted to apply to St Georges but the UCAT cutoff was 2620 last year so I felt it was too risky.

I've not calculated my score for Leicester because you're guaranteed an interview if you have achieved grades and if your UCAT score is in the top 5 deciles.
Oh wow I didn’t know that thank you for that information!! I will consider looking at Leicester now!
medguy12
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, I have currently shortlisted Liverpool, ARU, Leicester and Aston/Edge Hill. I’m guaranteed an interview at Leicester with my achieved grades and ucat. I’m undecided between Aston and Edge Hill. Where have you thought about applying?
It is dependent on your points for Aston as the cut off was supposedly 29
potatoslices
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Does anyone know the UCAT cut-off score for international applicants for 2021 entry?
barksdale_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Charlotte22722)
The minimum UCAT cutoff changes each year, depending on the scores of people that apply. They invite the highest UCAT scorers to interview first, then work their way down until all the slots are filled. It usually stays within a similar range, so if you’re above last years score you stand a good chance of getting an interview. If you’re very close to/ a bit below previous cutoff it would obviously be a bit of a risk. Hope that helps!
Do you know the last years stats? I got 2590 BAND 1 this year.
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by barksdale_)
Do you know the last years stats? I got 2590 BAND 1 this year.
barksdale_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
Damn that's no good. Thanks a lot again GANFYD
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by potatoslices)
Does anyone know the UCAT cut-off score for international applicants for 2021 entry?
No, but they seem to be very open about the home one so may well just tell you if you ask?
tj21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Beware of Edge Hill...they have an extremely small intake (15 for the 5 year course) - they give about 40 offers give or take, and the interview to offer ratio is bad.
Only consider it if you have run out of other possible options, but even schools like Kent and Keele (who still have small intakes) have a larger intake then EHU.
I'm speaking from experience - I got rejected from edge hill last year, my interview went well but they could only offer a very small number of places so they put me on the reserve list.
I would say Aston is probably a safer choice than edge hill, particularly as you have achieved grades (which they score) so that boosts your pre-interview score.
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
This is discussed in the post literally just above yours.
If you are interested in a med school, read their website (and click on every link), read last year and this year's threads on here and if you still have quesions, please do ask, but independent research and self-directed learning are key for a successful medical student
wow, he just got burned!
macromed
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
i'm an international grad with an achieved first in biomedical science and a score of 2800 b1. will this be enough for BM5? I read the cutoff last year was 2680. does this include grads?
Kurdd
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How do Southampton allocate offers?

I read somewhere that it is a mixture of UCAT score and Interview score but I cannot find any proof of this?
xjui88
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Kurdd)

I read somewhere that it is a mixture of UCAT score and Interview score but I cannot find any proof of this?
A bit old, but:
https://cdn.southampton.ac.uk/assets...20Medicine.pdf
tj21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Kurdd)

As far as I know they rank interview scores, using UCAT as a tiebreaker
freemango
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by macromed)
i'm an international grad with an achieved first in biomedical science and a score of 2800 b1. will this be enough for BM5? I read the cutoff last year was 2680. does this include grads?
Grads have a different and higher cutoff for BM5 than school leavers, it was around 2790-2800 this year. I don’t know if the cutoff is different again for internationals though. So 2800 would be somewhat risky to be honest. Southampton are pretty good at giving out information so probably worth asking if they could tell you the int’l grad cutoff for this year unless anyone else here knows.
nigachoro
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Would a school leaver be treated differently if they were not a direct school leaver? I finished my a levels in 2020 and so I have had a gap year between then and applying now.
Leaf.
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by nigachoro)
Would a school leaver be treated differently if they were not a direct school leaver? I finished my a levels in 2020 and so I have had a gap year between then and applying now.
Nah you wouldn’t. Your still a school leaver and wouldn’t be treated different as long as you haven’t embarked on uni course.
unknownviewer
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, I attended the subject talk yesterday and they said they’re going to do it virtually, the same as last year. Last year, they didn’t do a group task.
harrietrose17
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by unknownviewer)
Hi, I attended the subject talk yesterday and they said they’re going to do it virtually, the same as last year. Last year, they didn’t do a group task.
So just a virtual panel?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (316)
57.25%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (77)
13.95%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.23%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (48)
8.7%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.07%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed