Beegrg
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Does anyone know what the UCAT cut off was for grads on the BM5 course?
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Beegrg)
Does anyone know what the UCAT cut off was for grads on the BM5 course?
About 2780, but unclear if that was a Soton grad (as they get lower cut off, I think)
unknownviewer
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by harrietrose17)
So just a virtual panel?
Yes, last year it was 2 ppl interviewing
themartinipolice
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by unknownviewer)
Yes, last year it was 2 ppl interviewing
That's a shame, I was kind of hoping for an in person interview
MedicineSoonCome
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Anyone know how Southampton give out offers? I read somewhere that offers depend on interview performance aswell as UCAT score? does that mean they use sjt to give out offers or just your total score? thanks
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by MedicineSoonCome)
Anyone know how Southampton give out offers? I read somewhere that offers depend on interview performance aswell as UCAT score? does that mean they use sjt to give out offers or just your total score? thanks
Just interview performance. UCAT is used as a tiebreaker
SirCreepus
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
Just interview performance. UCAT is used as a tiebreaker
On their website it says that offers are given out to people based on a rank of their interview and UCAT score so I'm assuming UCAT is also used post interview as extra guidance on ranking students.
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SirCreepus)
On their website it says that offers are given out to people based on a rank of their interview and UCAT score so I'm assuming UCAT is also used post interview as extra guidance on ranking students.
They have said this for years, but previously clarified it is used as a tiebreaker. Cannot 100% verify they have not changed it this year, but the website has said that for as long as I can remember (granted, that feels like about 3 minutes, now, but this does come up every year and people have checked in previous years)
Abuzu123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Havinhelin1)
Will I they accept bio sociology and business ?
No, you need chemistry too I believe
medguy12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Does anyone know for Southampton whether you have to have your resit grades achieved before applying, all I can see is that A level resits are considered, I've emailed admissions and called but no response :/
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Abuzu123)
No, you need chemistry too I believe
On their website they say:
"AAA to include A level Biology and one additional science (with a pass in the practical element where it is separately endorsed)
Acceptable science subjects are Chemistry, Physics, Psychology, Sociology, Environmental Studies or Geography."

So biology and sociology plus any 3rd A level would be fine Havinhelin1
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by medguy12)
Does anyone know for Southampton whether you have to have your resit grades achieved before applying, all I can see is that A level resits are considered, I've emailed admissions and called but no response :/
No, they will consider predicted grades for resits
medguy12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
No, they will consider predicted grades for resits
Thank you GANFYD
Harshaplayz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Unsure what I should put as my 4th option, ARU or Southampton, I meet the minimum requirements for both and a UCAT score of 2790, what do you guys think?
harrietrose17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Harshaplayz)
Unsure what I should put as my 4th option, ARU or Southampton, I meet the minimum requirements for both and a UCAT score of 2790, what do you guys think?
I mean ARU would probably be safer for interview because they have a far lower ucat cut off than Southampton. But it really depends with the course too because you’d also be likely for Southampton to get an interview. Maybe check how they score post interview?
Harshaplayz
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by harrietrose17)
I mean ARU would probably be safer for interview because they have a far lower ucat cut off than Southampton. But it really depends with the course too because you’d also be likely for Southampton to get an interview. Maybe check how they score post interview?
I think Southampton add your ucat score to your interview score, whereas ARU use just the interview score, I will only apply for Southampton as my 4th if you think I'm pretty much guaranteed to get an interview or else go for ARU
harrietrose17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Harshaplayz)
I think Southampton add your ucat score to your interview score, whereas ARU use just the interview score, I will only apply for Southampton as my 4th if you think I'm pretty much guaranteed to get an interview or else go for ARU
It’s really hard to say you are ever truly guaranteed an interview since weird things happen in application. If you really want a safe option I’d do ARU because it is safer since it’s ucat has historically been lower than Southampton, but if you prefer Southampton’s course I’d apply there because you still have a good shot at Southampton
Lnbk
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Can I just clarify that Southampton use your interview score + your UCAT score post interview? This is what the posts above seem to imply?
aliyah.04x
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
is 2660 b2 too low? or would high gcses & predicteds make up for it?
Last edited by aliyah.04x; 2 weeks ago
Harshaplayz
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Lnbk)
Can I just clarify that Southampton use your interview score + your UCAT score post interview? This is what the posts above seem to imply?
https://www.southampton.ac.uk/medici...8UKCAT%29.page

They say "The UCAT score is reviewed again alongside performance at Selection Days to determine who will receive an offer.", whereas the likes of ARU determine who gets an offer based solely on interview performance
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (310)
57.94%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (75)
14.02%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (59)
11.03%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (45)
8.41%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.74%

Watched Threads