ababab123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hi, I just sent off my cambridge application, I put down my college as st. Johns, but when I looked at my application, it has my location down as X (instead of st. johns) what does that mean?
ababab123
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by ababab123)
Hi, I just sent off my cambridge application, I put down my college as st. Johns, but when I looked at my application, it has my location down as X (instead of st. johns) what does that mean?
just found out each college has a code, st johns is X incase anyone was wondering
Last edited by ababab123; 5 days ago
DarceyDS
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
ababab123 I am also applying to St John's
Good luck to you!
Last edited by DarceyDS; 5 days ago
ababab123
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by DarceyDS)
Good luck to you!
Nice! why did u chose st johns? good luck to u as well
DarceyDS
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Nice! why did u chose st johns? good luck to u as well
Attended their outreach webinar series and a taster science supervision, which I all really enjoyed. I also wanted a large college. How about you?
JosieD136
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by chris01928)
Hi all,

Thought I'd start us off.

GCSEs
4A* 3A

ALevel (Hopefully)
3A* (Bio, Chem, Maths)

EPQ - A*

College - Not sure yet but thinking about Jesus
Hey, how comes you only took 7 GCSEs?
JosieD136
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by EnglishNOOb101)
Hello, I got 5 9's, 3 8's, 2 7's and A* for GCSE.

I am predicted A*A*A* for A-levels (Biology, Chemistry and Maths).

I have no WP flags and I have done BSMS work experience, Observe GP and I volunteer at a vaccination centre.

Do you think I have a decent chance of getting a chance for an interview?
It's hard to say without any in-person work experience, however, I'm sure you have an excellent chance xxx Congrats on the amazing A-Level predictions! x
chris01928
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by JosieD136)
Hey, how comes you only took 7 GCSEs?
I took 11 I believe (off the top of my head) but anything below an A (imo) is not important to Cambridge
will queens
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Good luck to you!
Omg I'm applying for johns too!
philip.13o+++++
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hey, I sent mine off to Jesus
ababab123
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Attended their outreach webinar series and a taster science supervision, which I all really enjoyed. I also wanted a large college. How about you?
I visited st johns a while back and i really liked it there, plus id rather go to a larger college too.
ababab123
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by will queens)
haha good luck!
student10604
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hi, what are the BMAT scores required for Clare college? I’ve had a look online but they are all from 2016 ish
Last edited by student10604; 3 days ago
DarceyDS
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by philip.13o+++++)
Hey, I sent mine off to Jesus
Good luck!
DarceyDS
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by will queens)
Good luck to you also
pepsiu
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by student10604)
Hi, what are the BMAT scores required for Clare college? I’ve had a look online but they are all from 2016 ish
Tbf I’m not sure anyone knows. 2016 scores are probably as good a guess as any. And I would imagine things may change this year as GCSE and A-levels both achieved and predicted are very inflated. I wouldn’t be surprised if they based all their decision making on BMAT and Interview.
gghgggd5ht
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Anyone know the chances of me being accepted with achieved A*A*B (chemistry, maths music) and predicted A* in Biology? Would a mixture of predicted and achieved put me at a disadvantage?
pepsiu
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by gghgggd5ht)
Anyone know the chances of me being accepted with achieved A*A*B (chemistry, maths music) and predicted A* in Biology? Would a mixture of predicted and achieved put me at a disadvantage?
I emailed them because I repeated my AS year to change to of my subjects and so (now in y14) I’ve been studying one of my subjects for 3 years. Downing and St Johns are the only colleges I asked and they said they don’t care about that or any resits long as you are studying 3 at the same time.

You were doing that, but now you’re doing 1 alone so I’m not sure how they will take that. But with 4 a- levels total it may make up for it, I would definitely email immediately so hopefully you get a response before the deadline. Or better yet call before the end of office hours
Last edited by pepsiu; 3 days ago
chris01928
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Just applied to Jesus, on my gap year and feel so much more relaxed. Good luck everyone
pepsiu
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by chris01928)
Just applied to Jesus, on my gap year and feel so much more relaxed. Good luck everyone
Was this a gap year bc of no offers or a “I’m going to take a gap year” gap year.

I only ask because I’ve been seriously thinking about it. I’m so busy, and tired and I don’t feel entirely ready for uni (and I’m poor and need to work haha) and a gap year might do me good. I’ve applied for 2022, but assuming I get offers I might actually ask to defer. Not sure
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (48)
13.41%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
25.98%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.6%
I'm finding things difficult (124)
34.64%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.38%

Watched Threads