Cambridge 2022 entry with predicted grades < entry requirements

Watch
47thPresident
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi all

So I have been hoping to apply to Cambridge in 2022 for A100 Medicine. I study 4 A levels and thought I was on for A*A*AA in my predictions from my school.

Last week I was told I had a place on the college enhanced Open Day residential and yesterday I was accepted onto the Apply! Cambridge program.

But today my school released my grades and they are not A*A*AA as I had hoped. (Was A*AAB) so I cannot apply to Cambridge anymore which is breaking me. I will probably have to pull out of Apply! Cambridge program too and let someone else have my place.

I guess my question is, has anyone ever applied with those predictions or similar and had an interview?

Thank you
chris01928
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 47thPresident)
Hi all

So I have been hoping to apply to Cambridge in 2022 for A100 Medicine. I study 4 A levels and thought I was on for A*A*AA in my predictions from my school.

Last week I was told I had a place on the college enhanced Open Day residential and yesterday I was accepted onto the Apply! Cambridge program.

But today my school released my grades and they are not A*A*AA as I had hoped. (Was A*AAB) so I cannot apply to Cambridge anymore which is breaking me. I will probably have to pull out of Apply! Cambridge program too and let someone else have my place.

I guess my question is, has anyone ever applied with those predictions or similar and had an interview?

Thank you
Hi

I went on a residential there a couple of years ago. If you don't mind me asking, what year are you in and what residential are you applying to?
47thPresident
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by chris01928)
Hi

I went on a residential there a couple of years ago. If you don't mind me asking, what year are you in and what residential are you applying to?
Hi - I am in Y12 and its at Downing. Thanks
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 47thPresident)
Hi all

Thank you
Cambridge will interview anybody they think is realistically capable of achieving A*A*A, but A*AAB predicted is not screaming this for them.
Why not drop the B and ask your teachers if they will predict A*A*A given you will have extra time to work on those three (provided they are the right subjects for Cambridge medicine)?
47thPresident
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
Cambridge will interview anybody they think is realistically capable of achieving A*A*A, but A*AAB predicted is not screaming this for them.
Why not drop the B and ask your teachers if they will predict A*A*A given you will have extra time to work on those three (provided they are the right subjects for Cambridge medicine)?
Thanks - teachers said they made a mistake on the B and it should be an A so its now A*AAA - I will ask about changing one to an A* as you suggest. Thanks again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.26%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.2%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.2%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (26)
14.53%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (49)
27.37%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.44%

Watched Threads