The Student Room Group

University of Bristol A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GANFYD
I think you would be OK. There will be a lot of people between 2830 and 2910. I suspect a lot of people around 2800-2850 will be put off applying and cut off may actually drop a bit. Though of course, if they interview fewer people, then that will be wiped out....... So many confounding variables this year

I am a reapplicant, so I really don't wanna get rejected pre interview like I was last year for 3/4 of my choices. My school requires the UCAS sent to them by september 17th, so would the UCAT deciles be released by then for me to make a decision?
Original post by the.cricketer
I am a reapplicant, so I really don't wanna get rejected pre interview like I was last year for 3/4 of my choices. My school requires the UCAS sent to them by september 17th, so would the UCAT deciles be released by then for me to make a decision?

The final deciles wouldn't necessarily be but the interim ones would be (although they tend to be higher) - look at the first page here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7069177
Reply 22
Original post by the.cricketer

It may be just after that, but you can amend choices for several days after final submission.
Original post by becausethenight
The final deciles wouldn't necessarily be but the interim ones would be (although they tend to be higher) - look at the first page here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7069177

ok sure, thanks
Reply 24
Do you think 2820 wouldn't be good enough for this year then? I really like the look of Bristol and I'm not sure whether to risk it or not
Original post by a.sushi
Do you think 2820 wouldn't be good enough for this year then? I really like the look of Bristol and I'm not sure whether to risk it or not

The cutoff was 2830 last year and it is always risky to bank on it going down.
If Bristol is your top choice and you have 3 other really safe choices (which you could have) then it wouldn’t be ridiculous to risk it imo but it’s about being aware that it is risky!
Do you think 2900 would be risky? I've fallen in love with Bristol but would rather not apply at all if cut-offs were as high as last year :frown:
Watching this thread
😵*💫😵*💫
Original post by oomzedic
Do you think 2900 would be risky? I've fallen in love with Bristol but would rather not apply at all if cut-offs were as high as last year :frown:

I doubt it would go up that much but we can never say never!
Last years cutoff was 2830 so you’d be above it by quite a bit :smile:
I doubt it would go up that much but we can never say never!
Last years cutoff was 2830 so you’d be above it by quite a bit :smile:

Okie dokie, thank you so much! I've got Southampton as my other UCAT uni so at least there's a good chance if Bris doesn't go to plan!
I'm non contextual for most unis but I think for Bristol I'm contextual, I attend one of the "aspiring state schools" for the 2022 cycle (on their website they have a pdf showing you a list of these). Is that enough to be considered contextual and also is it just me or are there loads of state schools on that list, are most people then contextual for Bristol?
Original post by thatguysjokes123
I'm non contextual for most unis but I think for Bristol I'm contextual, I attend one of the "aspiring state schools" for the 2022 cycle (on their website they have a pdf showing you a list of these). Is that enough to be considered contextual and also is it just me or are there loads of state schools on that list, are most people then contextual for Bristol?

i think you have to think about the fact that a good chunk of applicants are gonna be from private schools
Reply 32
Original post by thatguysjokes123

Bristol always claim a high number of people would be considered contextual, and Birmingham claim their list is 90% of state schools! (I did the maths once, and it didn't seem to be near that, but they may have meant pupil numbers - they have also removed that statement, I think)
Hi, i got 2870 in my UCAR, do u think i can still apply for Bristol?
Original post by MasochistMatthew
Hi, i got 2870 in my UCAR, do u think i can still apply for Bristol?

You’d be 40 points above last years’ cutoff and I’d hope that would be fairly safe. Assuming you meet GCSE and A level minimum requirements.
You’d be 40 points above last years’ cutoff and I’d hope that would be fairly safe. Assuming you meet GCSE and A level minimum requirements.

Well i have all 9s in gcse and A* in maths and history, an A in chem and a B in bio. Is that okay?
Original post by MasochistMatthew
Well i have all 9s in gcse and A* in maths and history, an A in chem and a B in bio. Is that okay?

Idk off the top of my head, just check the website? This should all be freely available (eg if they require Bio) :smile:
Reply 37
Hello everyone! I would like to seek advice from you all,
I am an international student who is currently studying Physiotherapy in the UK.
I am graduating next year and I would like to study medicine ( standard entry) in 2022, my UCAT is 2490 and SJ Band 3.
Do I have an interview chance if I apply to Bristol University?
Many thanks!
Reply 38
Original post by GG700
Hello everyone! I would like to seek advice from you all,
I am an international student who is currently studying Physiotherapy in the UK.
I am graduating next year and I would like to study medicine ( standard entry) in 2022, my UCAT is 2490 and SJ Band 3.
Do I have an interview chance if I apply to Bristol University?
Many thanks!

Do some research? What does the website tell you?
Cut off for 2021 was 2830
Hi everyone
I got 2860 on my ucat,
do you think I would have a chance ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending