livtran
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi there,I'm moving to Sheffield this September to do my master. I'm considering 2 student halls, which are Bramall Court and Central Quay. Basically they both meet my requirements (en-suite, same price ~80ppw, same distance to SHU city campus). However, I'm not sure about the quality of the rooms, wifi, customer service in those places. Please let me know your reviews.
Thanks in advance
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi livtran, congrats on moving to Sheffield to start your masters! I've not lived in either of these halls but a good idea is to search the location on Instagram to see posts from other students, it will give you a good idea of student life and you could even message them to ask about the things you've mentioned above. Bramall Court have Instagram and have posted a student review video featuring a couple of students. You can do the same for Central Quay and check out their instagram @host.centralquay. There are also some good reviews on this website at the bottom of the page. Both accommodations are on different sides of Sheffield so it's worth checking how far your commute will be and what's around you. Bramall Court is next to Sheffield United football stadium but still quite central and has parking. Whereas Central Quay is in Kelham Island which is a popular area for cool independent restaurants and bars.
Harry - Sheffield Hallam student ambassador
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi livtran,

As Harry mentioned, the main way to decide what accommodation is right depends on what type of thing you are looking for within walking distance. Central Quay is in Kelham Island, which has a supermarket right next door, lots of areas of relaxing and riverside views. Kelham Island is quickly becoming a must-visit spot in Sheffield. It used to be the home of the industrial heart, but is now voted one of the best neighbourhoods in the UK and Ireland. There's local bars, cafes and restaurants, one of them being the Cutlery Works - an independent food hall which caters to everyone. If you're a foodie - there's also Peddlar market, it opens the doors to a warehouse the first Friday and Saturday each month and has plenty of food, drinks and live music. So lots of choice of things to do and it isn't too far to walk into the city centre.

Bramhall Court is located near Bramhall Lane, on a quiet street not too far from the city centre. You get all the benefits of being close to the city centre and return to a quiet street afterwards.

As Harry mentioned, you'll find lots of pictures and reviews of both places online.

Congratulations on moving to Sheffield! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Stacey
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.55%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.13%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.1%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.13%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (77)
28.62%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.47%

Watched Threads