What do you want your net worth to be by the time you are 30? Your career too plz?

Watch
starmoney
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
1 million
3-4 mil
10-15 mil
a couple of thousands
etc
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Report 1 week ago
Idk, just trying to get by with all the other stuff life throws at you. Though who wouldn't wanna be a millionaire or a billionaire... that would obviously make things easier.
starmoney
Rep:
?
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Idk, just trying to get by with all the other stuff life throws at you. Though who wouldn't wanna be a millionaire or a billionaire... that would obviously make things easier.
Ture, aren't you 29? What field do you work in?
Final Fantasy
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by starmoney)
Ture, aren't you 29? What field do you work in?
Software engineering and DevOps. I've been on all sorts of incomes, I don't have an issue with that. It's just my experience has been, life is still **** regardless how much money you earn.
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 1 week ago
starmoney
Rep:
?
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Software engineering and DevOps. I've been on all sorts of incomes, I don't have an issue with that. It's just my experience has been, life is still **** regardless how much money you earn.
You don't have to reply but are you single?
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
1 million
3-4 mil
10-15 mil
a couple of thousands
etc
I'm currently 30.
I have £30,000 ish savings. Plus my house (mortgaged).
I work in a warehouse.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
By the time that I am 35- at least £3 million cash sterling plus one house. :woo:
lord shimada
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
gods grace hopefully
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Net worth? Makes me feel like a
celebrity heh heh
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
1 million
3-4 mil
10-15 mil
a couple of thousands
etc
money is overrated imo.
I've never been happy when i've been working full time.

The 9 to 5 model, is also a very poor way to get rich. Most people who go down that route just end up making other people rich.....
Max1989
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Probaly about £30,000 in savings with deposit on a house. Prosthetist, although I would probaly be still on the NHS at that point, but once I go private I'll be living very, very comfortably... Even more so if I go to the USA, thankful that I can do a job I enjoy, is extremely rewarding and helping others whist not doing too bad financially.

Do want be somone who designs more human like prosthetics, prehaps even one's that are better than the human form (we are a long way off), I'd have a substantial net worth in that case.
Trilobite.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm more than happy to continue pootling along with my income comfortably exceeding my expenditure despite not working particularity hard. Career: research scientist.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ANM775)
money is overrated imo.
I've never been happy when i've been working full time.

The 9 to 5 model, is also a very poor way to get rich. Most people who go down that route just end up making other people rich.....
Imagine how you would feel if you were the hedge fund manager Alan Miller who dumped his stay at home wife Melissa for a coworker and then got hit with a divorce court judgement to pay her £5million a year for life plus her legal costs.
The annual sum order to continue regardless of whether she ever remarried or not.
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
At least a few million and ideally self employed, can't stand working for other people. Got 3 and a bit years to make that dream a reality.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
At least a few million and ideally self employed, can't stand working for other people. Got 3 and a bit years to make that dream a reality.
Good luck!
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Imagine how you would feel if you were the hedge fund manager Alan Miller who dumped his stay at home wife Melissa for a coworker and then got hit with a divorce court judgement to pay her £5million a year for life plus her legal costs.
The annual sum order to continue regardless of whether she ever remarried or not.
I don't know much about the case, but assuming it's his wealth ...that's far too much to be paying out yearly imo. sounds like she's sleeping with the Judge
starmoney
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
Is his current wife, Gina, the other woman?
starmoney
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
Good luck! Are you 27?
Celtic Conjurer
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well I will own a roughly £2 million house in Oxford mortgage-free as well as having millions in the bank and have invested in 1 or 2 million pound properties to rent out which will give me joosy rents alongside my career income. So net worth: balling.
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Good luck! Are you 27?
Thanks, will be in October.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (20)
6.31%
Uncertainty around my education (35)
11.04%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (37)
11.67%
Lack of purpose or motivation (46)
14.51%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (17)
5.36%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (14)
4.42%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (30)
9.46%
Financial worries (22)
6.94%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (13)
4.1%
Exposure to negative news/social media (19)
5.99%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (6)
1.89%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (34)
10.73%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (24)
7.57%

Watched Threads