The Student Room Group

GCSE resits

I'm planning on resitting my gcse if I m not happy with my grades. The dfe announced it would be free and all subjects will be available and it'll be in autumn. I'll probably resit most of my subjects and was wondering whether I should revise now for it because I have free time and have a lot of subjects to revise for or start revising closer to the exams??
Hey I’m also planning to resit most my subjects but I think it’s better to do start a little now so it won’t be as stressful when the exams come
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
I'd recommend you only re-sit one or 2 subjects. It's really not worth doing many.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by joyboy
I'm planning on resitting my gcse if I m not happy with my grades. The dfe announced it would be free and all subjects will be available and it'll be in autumn. I'll probably resit most of my subjects and was wondering whether I should revise now for it because I have free time and have a lot of subjects to revise for or start revising closer to the exams??

Hi ! I want to resit gcse subjects, Maths, Psychology, Computer Science, Science, English language and English literature, I just would like to ask what grades are you aiming for in your subjects ?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by SnartySmartie975
Hi ! I want to resit gcse subjects, Maths, Psychology, Computer Science, Science, English language and English literature,

Don't re-sit that many - you'll fall behind with your college work if you try. Wait until you get your results and then just re-sit what you absolutely must.
Reply 5
Original post by SnartySmartie975
Hi ! I want to resit gcse subjects, Maths, Psychology, Computer Science, Science, English language and English literature, I just would like to ask what grades are you aiming for in your subjects ?

Compost is spot on... there's not a need sitting so many as the re sit periods near November so you'll be nearly 3 months behind with your a levels. I'd say sit 2-3 at a max and that's if you need to your A levels will be worth way more going forward.
Original post by joyboy

Don't resit too many subject. You need to think about college work too. I'd say resit the important ones like English, maths, and or a subject you really like. Don't go hard on yourself. I've got bad gcses because of my social anxiety and I've been assured by many people that also had bad grades and currently have amazing jobs that grades don't guarantee you a job at top companies. It's about you. Who you are and how you present yourself. Remember don't go to hard on yourself. Good luck :smile:
Original post by Neesa8766
Hey I’m also planning to resit most my subjects but I think it’s better to do start a little now so it won’t be as stressful when the exams come

Hi ! what are you doing for your revision to resit in autumn ?
Unless there's a significant reason for resitting, such as not getting the grades you need for college, or if you're aiming for Oxbridge eventually, then I really wouldn't advise resits.
A levels are hard enough as it is without throwing unnecessary GCSE resits into the mix.
Same
(edited 2 years ago)
Thanks
I appreciate that many of you believe that you are helping however I think I must resit to have access to a better education, I do understand retaking 7 GCSEs will be difficult but it will be worth it, I just wanted some advice on how to revise !

Quick Reply

Latest