Anki Vs Quizlet

Watch this thread
username5789349
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I know there has been a long debate over which one is better but they both have the same uses as a digital way of using flashcards. For some time I've been using Quizlet and I've thought about trying out Anki. I did try Anki before but it looked pretty complicated compared to a simple Quizlet. If anyone can give their opinions on Quizlet/Anki then that would be helpful for me deciding whether or not I should keep using Quizlet or switch to Anki
hannahbbk134
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by 14x14)
I know there has been a long debate over which one is better but they both have the same uses as a digital way of using flashcards. For some time I've been using Quizlet and I've thought about trying out Anki. I did try Anki before but it looked pretty complicated compared to a simple Quizlet. If anyone can give their opinions on Quizlet/Anki then that would be helpful for me deciding whether or not I should keep using Quizlet or switch to Anki
I just use Quizlet, Anki knocks down my self esteem lol but I think Anki is good as it tells you what you haven’t revised in a while? But I just keep a spreadsheet to remind myself what I have revised & use quizlet

Reading back, that answer was so unhelpful, so yeah sorry
Bookworm_88
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
I use Anki, I've never tried quizlet, and so can't comment on it.

Pros:
- Anki allows you to make a variety of card types e.g basic flashcards, fill in the gap, reverse
- Can easily split revision cards into subsections within a certain subject e.g My Biology deck contains sub-decks for each of my topics.
- I can also create 'tags' for my cards similar to # on tiktok if that makes sense aha. I can search for that specific 'tag' and it will how me all the cards that are categorised by that tag. A card can have more than one tag.
- Anki is easiy synced between phone, tablet, laptop ec. and if you have an issue, there's lots of yt videos and Anki have their own website as well
- Anki allows you to add images (from your drive and from google), audio files.
- It keeps a record of what cards you know and which one's you can't remember and will show cards based off this, meaning you can do spaced repetition without manually keeping track of it

Cons:
- If you were to add photos you've take, it doesn't allow you to rotate it, only crop. so you have to make sure your photos have the right orientation
- Don't go overboard with subdecks, as anki has a difficult time handling a large amount of subdecks, use tags instead if you're planning to cover a lot of different topics
- When inserting images onto a flash card, it will show as a sort of 'code', and if you use lots of images in your revision cards then these 'codes' may overlap. I've had a problem where my chemistry revision cards contain photos from biology, which is frustrating, as you have to manually add the photos again. Another related issue, was that the images just wouldn't show up. However these issues are easily overcome by previewing the flashcard before you 'submit' it (if that makes sense lmao)
- It can be technical, but again this depends on how complex you want your flashcards to be. Like me, you can easily get by, by just ignoring the other features and just using the ones relevant to you.

Hope that helps x
lucygmcdonald
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Hi, how do you make your spreadsheet?
username5789349
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by lucygmcdonald)
Hi, how do you make your spreadsheet?
I totally forgot about this thread I made!

What do you mean by spreadsheet?
lucygmcdonald
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by nathan1el_study)
I totally forgot about this thread I made!

What do you mean by spreadsheet?
ahhh sorry i meant to reply to someone else
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (17)
24.29%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (7)
10%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
5.71%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (10)
14.29%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (16)
22.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
22.86%

Watched Threads