RaZeFX
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I have two siblings who are not in Education anymore and are over 18 and are financially dependent on my dad, and he received a letter asking for:

“Clarification on how they’re financially dependent upon you, with photocopies of any supporting evidence as applicable”

Unsure how to respond, they are both completely dependent on him, that’s housing, food and everything ect. What supporting evidence could they be talking about? And how would I respond to them? By email? Or uploading a letter to SFE?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RaZeFX)
So I have two siblings who are not in Education anymore and are over 18 and are financially dependent on my dad, and he received a letter asking for:

“Clarification on how they’re financially dependent upon you, with photocopies of any supporting evidence as applicable”

Unsure how to respond, they are both completely dependent on him, that’s housing, food and everything ect. What supporting evidence could they be talking about? And how would I respond to them? By email? Or uploading a letter to SFE?
Hi, we have removed both of the siblings, we require evidence if you wish to add them back onto the application.

We will only add them back onto your application if the evidence proves they are dependent. Are they not working, are they totally dependent on your parents?

Do your parents send them money?

Thanks, Isaac
RaZeFX
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, we have removed both of the siblings, we require evidence if you wish to add them back onto the application.

We will only add them back onto your application if the evidence proves they are dependent. Are they not working, are they totally dependent on your parents?

Do your parents send them money?

Thanks, Isaac
Hi,

Yea they are totally dependant, they live at home too and are not earning yet. How would I submit this information and is there supporting evidence for this or is just telling okay
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

Yea they are totally dependant, they live at home too and are not earning yet. How would I submit this information and is there supporting evidence for this or is just telling okay
How are they dependant? Do they not receive benefits/Job Seekers Allowance?

Thanks, Isaac
RaZeFX
Rep:
?
How are they dependant? Do they not receive benefits/Job Seekers Allowance?

Thanks, Isaac
No, they aren’t receiving any benefits or job seekers allowance, and every expense is through my father, that’s food, living, everything
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, they aren’t receiving any benefits or job seekers allowance, and every expense is through my father, that’s food, living, everything
Our guidance states we can accept evidence such as :

- Dependant’s bank statements showing no other source of earnings.
- Bank statements showing that parents are transferring money to the dependant and/or paying for things on their behalf.
- Evidence to show the parents are paying bills on their behalf e.g. mobile phone bills.

We will only add them to your application if we receive acceptable evidence.

Thanks, Isaac
RaZeFX
Rep:
?
Our guidance states we can accept evidence such as :

- Dependant’s bank statements showing no other source of earnings.
- Bank statements showing that parents are transferring money to the dependant and/or paying for things on their behalf.
- Evidence to show the parents are paying bills on their behalf e.g. mobile phone bills.

We will only add them to your application if we receive acceptable evidence.

Thanks, Isaac
Ok I see thank you, but should I just upload them straight? Or do I need to also explain how they are financially independent, and how would I do so? Get my dad to type up a letter and upload it along with the evidence? Or send an email
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ok I see thank you, but should I just upload them straight? Or do I need to also explain how they are financially independent, and how would I do so? Get my dad to type up a letter and upload it along with the evidence? Or send an email
Evidence can be uploaded and a cover letter would be helpful with explaining things.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads