Home Office AO Asylum & Protection Group 2021

Watch this thread
lfx4
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hi
just wondering has anybody else applied for the Civil Service AO role in Asylum & Protection?
Mrumar
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by lfx4)
Hi
just wondering has anybody else applied for the Civil Service AO role in Asylum & Protection?
Hey yeah I applied for it too. Listened in on that open day they had and just says now application in review. Where did you apply for
Cemaesbay
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Hi all, has anyone else heard that they have an interview?
LisaTTT
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Hi I had an interview a few weeks ago for the electronic monitoring one, just waiting to hear. Yesterday another email came through with interview for AO asylum decision maker
Cemaesbay
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Ooh I didn't see the electronic monitoring one! Do you also have to do the Asylum one by 28th? Which would you prefer?
Mrumar
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by LisaTTT)
Hi I had an interview a few weeks ago for the electronic monitoring one, just waiting to hear. Yesterday another email came through with interview for AO asylum decision maker
I done the interview for the asylum job couple weeks back.
ayy_daps
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
I got an interview invite through yesterday too. I’m assuming it’ll be a pretty short interview as there are only two behaviours being assessed? I wonder how many strengths questions they’ll ask.
Gkm19
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Hey I got my interview invite also, have until the 5th September to complete the interview.
Cemaesbay
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Hey there, weirdly my first email said I had til 5th, but the second one said til 28th - may be worth double checking?

I don't remember reading anything about how long the interview will last or how many questions they'll ask.. I'll have another look!
Cemaesbay
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Take it back - just heard it's by 5th!
Laz2812
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Can I ask what questions they asked?
Laz2812
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Can I ask what behaviours are being asked. I’ve also got my interview email through.
Laz2812
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Hi, I also have an interview for this role. Can I ask what two behaviours are being assessed?
Laz2812
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Can I ask what two behaviours are being assessed? I also have an interview for this role.
ayy_daps
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Laz2812)
Can I ask what two behaviours are being assessed? I also have an interview for this role.
The two behaviours are making effective decisions and managing a quality service. If you look up the civil service success profiles guide it’ll tell you what they’re looking for for those 2 behaviours.
Laz2812
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
I’d love to know what they are
Lay_b
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by LisaTTT)
I interviewed for this role too! The wait is a killer!
Laz2812
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by ayy_daps)
The two behaviours are making effective decisions and managing a quality service. If you look up the civil service success profiles guide it’ll tell you what they’re looking for for those 2 behaviours.
Thank you. I’ve been doing that. I’m an external candidate so these are new to me.
DMula5055
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
I have an interview for this role too! I'm trying to guess possible interview questions based on the job description and essential criteria. So far i reckon that they will ask something about making difficult decisions or handling sensitive information but that is just a guess
Mrumar
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
I recently completed my interview there really is nothing to prepare for there isn’t anything I could think of to prepare an answer for, it’s just on the mark questions. But make sure you have your id ready for the end as you will have to show it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads