The Student Room Group

Home Office AO Asylum & Protection Group 2021

Hi
just wondering has anybody else applied for the Civil Service AO role in Asylum & Protection?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by lfx4
Hi
just wondering has anybody else applied for the Civil Service AO role in Asylum & Protection?

Hey yeah I applied for it too. Listened in on that open day they had and just says now application in review. Where did you apply for
Hi all, has anyone else heard that they have an interview?
Reply 3
Hi I had an interview a few weeks ago for the electronic monitoring one, just waiting to hear. Yesterday another email came through with interview for AO asylum decision maker
Ooh I didn't see the electronic monitoring one! Do you also have to do the Asylum one by 28th? Which would you prefer?
Reply 5
Original post by LisaTTT
Hi I had an interview a few weeks ago for the electronic monitoring one, just waiting to hear. Yesterday another email came through with interview for AO asylum decision maker

I done the interview for the asylum job couple weeks back.
I got an interview invite through yesterday too. I’m assuming it’ll be a pretty short interview as there are only two behaviours being assessed? I wonder how many strengths questions they’ll ask.
Reply 7
Hey I got my interview invite also, have until the 5th September to complete the interview.
Hey there, weirdly my first email said I had til 5th, but the second one said til 28th - may be worth double checking?

I don't remember reading anything about how long the interview will last or how many questions they'll ask.. I'll have another look!
Take it back - just heard it's by 5th!
Reply 10
Can I ask what questions they asked?
Reply 11
Can I ask what behaviours are being asked. I’ve also got my interview email through.
Reply 12
Hi, I also have an interview for this role. Can I ask what two behaviours are being assessed?
Reply 13
Can I ask what two behaviours are being assessed? I also have an interview for this role.
Original post by Laz2812
Can I ask what two behaviours are being assessed? I also have an interview for this role.

The two behaviours are making effective decisions and managing a quality service. If you look up the civil service success profiles guide it’ll tell you what they’re looking for for those 2 behaviours.
Reply 15
I’d love to know what they are
Reply 16
Original post by LisaTTT

I interviewed for this role too! The wait is a killer!
Reply 17
Original post by ayy_daps
The two behaviours are making effective decisions and managing a quality service. If you look up the civil service success profiles guide it’ll tell you what they’re looking for for those 2 behaviours.

Thank you. I’ve been doing that. I’m an external candidate so these are new to me.
I have an interview for this role too! I'm trying to guess possible interview questions based on the job description and essential criteria. So far i reckon that they will ask something about making difficult decisions or handling sensitive information but that is just a guess
Reply 19
I recently completed my interview there really is nothing to prepare for there isn’t anything I could think of to prepare an answer for, it’s just on the mark questions. But make sure you have your id ready for the end as you will have to show it.

Quick Reply