The Student Room Group

🌼🍉 Brownies, books and planning a wedding - your favourite fiancés’ 2nd blog 🍉🌼

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nicalibres

Are you guys on holiday again? Living the dream!

Yep - with M’s family this time. It’s really beautiful here, we’re just spending time looking at rightmove and planning our budget for next year - looking at areas that are near tube stations that will get M to work easiest and where I can get to uni and placement. I don’t think we’ll get on family holidays next summer as we’re planning a holiday together and then sorting out a flat, so it’s been nice to spend time with both our families this summer - before the onslaught of his final year and my year 3 which is going to be a bit of a beast.

Are things still good with your mum @nicalibres? And any more progress with cupcake?
Goody two shoes.... 🙄

A beach is a great place to go - "oh, could you put suncream on my back please? :innocent:"

There may have been ulterior motives when thinking of what we could do and it definitely wasn't too see him shirtless
Original post by AnnaBananana
Yep - with M’s family this time. It’s really beautiful here, we’re just spending time looking at rightmove and planning our budget for next year - looking at areas that are near tube stations that will get M to work easiest and where I can get to uni and placement. I don’t think we’ll get on family holidays next summer as we’re planning a holiday together and then sorting out a flat, so it’s been nice to spend time with both our families this summer - before the onslaught of his final year and my year 3 which is going to be a bit of a beast.

Are things still good with your mum @nicalibres? And any more progress with cupcake?

It's so nice you guys are planning ahead. We spend lots of time on rightmove too, our budget mostly results in tiny dirty places but there's some real gems out there too. We need a bigger kitchen in our next flat - some of our foods and utensils are currently stored in the living room! When do you guys go back to uni?

I've not spoken to my mum a lot but as far as I'm aware we're still good. Feels nice man. We've had some complaints from Nathan's parents that we didn't spend enough time with them over the summer - I think it's been 4 or 5 weeks total. Maybe they were secretly hoping N would move back in after uni... Lol!

Cupcake only gets out of hiding during the night, she's been eating and drinking a bit. N and I were joking we don't even remember what she looks like!

Original post by Fresher18
There may have been ulterior motives when thinking of what we could do and it definitely wasn't too see him shirtless

Haha you sound like Nathan! I feel like the beach is one of those places that instantly put people in a romantic, flirty mood. You should bring a picnic and watch the sunset! That's practically a date.
Goody two shoes.... 🙄

Maybe if you dress nicely :colondollar:
Original post by nathan1403
Maybe if you dress nicely :colondollar:

Suit and tie? x
Suit and tie? x

Yeah that'll do :colondollar: hotttttttt
Suit and tie? x

My mind instantly thought no thats too much clothing just a tie would be suffice! I think thats my time to leave, must've been watching too many Netflix shows where the hot guy is pinned against the wall by the other guy and shirt and trousers ripped off I don't think I need to say the rest. or maybe its your conversations that corrupted me...
Yeah that'll do :colondollar: hotttttttt

Tell me what you're thinking about!

Original post by Anonymous
My mind instantly thought no thats too much clothing just a tie would be suffice! I think thats my time to leave, must've been watching too many Netflix shows where the hot guy is pinned against the wall by the other guy and shirt and trousers ripped off I don't think I need to say the rest. or maybe its your conversations that corrupted me...

I wonder what Netflix shows you're watching... That doesn't sound too PG!

I wonder what Netflix shows you're watching... That doesn't sound too PG!

Just finished binging Season 4 of Elite the past 3 nights, thankful I opted not to watch that with my parents

I'll pm you :colondollar:
Original post by Anonymous
Just finished binging Season 4 of Elite the past 3 nights, thankful I opted not to watch that with my parents

Lol! I'll definitely have to check it out. I need something to do when Nathan is at work, after all!
I'll pm you :colondollar:

We're in the same room! Can't you just tell me, or are you too innocent for that?
We're in the same room! Can't you just tell me, or are you too innocent for that?

On second thought I think I'll keep it to myself before you tell everyone!
On second thought I think I'll keep it to myself before you tell everyone!

Haha smart move! I'm not really in a saucy mood anyway.
Haha smart move! I'm not really in a saucy mood anyway.

I'm in a cuddly mood :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: But sadly I have to go call my mum now so cuddles will have to wait!
I'm in a cuddly mood too... My mental illness is bothering me a tiny bit tonight. Fun times innit!
Ok so I'm wondering - do you guys think I'm good enough for Nathan? I'm worried I'm not... I try so hard to make him happy but I feel like I'm failing miserably!
I think that you complement each other really well. He gives you stability and cuddles that help to fix your broken bits, and you being more outwardly outgoing and confident helps to support his broken bits. Sort of like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. I know it’s not as simple as that though…

I think once you get back to uni you’ll have less time to think about where you can find problems - it must be hard spending your days waiting around for N to come home.

I go back to uni in just over two weeks, my fiancé (😳) goes back a couple of weeks later as he has shorter terms.
All I do is sit around at home all day. I try to cook and clean but the truth is Nathan would be starting his masters now if it wasn't for me and my stupid mental illness and having to take a year out. And don't even get me started on the amount of times I've hurt his feelings. When I dumped him, when I almost killed myself, every time I've ran off because we had an argument... Nathan deserves a guy who's just as sensitive adn romantic as he is, not someone inappropriate and depressive like myself. I don't understand what he sees in me! I'm such a pain in the ass!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by AnnaBananana
I think that you complement each other really well. He gives you stability and cuddles that help to fix your broken bits, and you being more outwardly outgoing and confident helps to support his broken bits. Sort of like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. I know it’s not as simple as that though…

I think once you get back to uni you’ll have less time to think about where you can find problems - it must be hard spending your days waiting around for N to come home.

I go back to uni in just over two weeks, my fiancé (😳) goes back a couple of weeks later as he has shorter terms.

I thik he could do better though. Nathan has anxiety, he would benefit from being with someone a bit mre stable, I've hurt him and made him feel worried so many times... It's pathetic that I just wait around for him to come home. I don't have a life and I'm probably ruining Nathan's life too! It's like everything I touch falls apart haha.
And when Nathan comes back from his phone call and his shower he'll read these posts and hten he'll have to comfort me again. I'm such a burden. I should've just kept myself to myself and not said anything. Nathan needs his sleep!

Quick Reply

Latest