We could be going into another lockdown

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I've saw about an hour ago on google trending about another lockdown so Im now scared and I'm panicking. I'm actually dreading it, what are we going to do if there's another lockdown, I'm actually not going to cope and its ruined my day seeing that. Im so scared about this lockdown.*I don't know what I'm actually going to do.
username4986690
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
Source to comply with TSR rules:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1885803.html

I'm not too fussed.
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
Sorry but I was expecting this, was inevitable.

I work in a COVID analysis lab and so far, our record for positives in a single batch of 375 samples is 114 (over 30% positive rate). So, this was always going to happen and this “freedom day” will only last a couple weeks, maybe a month!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by DiddyDec)
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1885803.html

I'm not too fussed.
(Original post by Scienceisgood)
Sorry but I was expecting this, was inevitable.

I work in a COVID analysis lab and so far, our record for positives in a single batch of 375 samples is 114 (over 30% positive rate). So, this was always going to happen and this “freedom day” will only last a couple weeks, maybe a month!
It's actually ridiculous
Anonymous #1

I'm not too fussed.
It's actually ridiculous
username4986690
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It's actually ridiculous
It really isn't that big of a deal, I work from home anyway.
Anonymous #1
Just because you work from home it isn't a big deal?
Scienceisgood
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Wish I was that lucky. Associate Practitioner here and I have to travel for 2-2.5 hours to get to work… 🤦*♂️
Anonymous #1
I know
username4986690
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Scienceisgood)
Wish I was that lucky. Associate Practitioner here and I have to travel for 2-2.5 hours to get to work… 🤦*♂️
I lost my job in the pandemic so I'm happily self employed now.

Just because you work from home it isn't a big deal?
And the pandemic is generating loads of work in the healthcare industry so it suits me fine.
Anonymous #1
I lost my job in the pandemic so I'm happily self employed now.

And the pandemic is generating loads of work in the healthcare industry so it suits me fine.
You are just thinking about yourself, what about other people?
username4986690
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
You are just thinking about yourself, what about other people?
Actually the work I do is about improving access to primary care so in reality my work benefits thousands if not millions of people across the country. You may well attend one of the thousands of GP surgeries I advise on.
Anonymous #1
Actually the work I do is about improving access to primary care so in reality my work benefits thousands if not millions of people across the country. You may well attend one of the thousands of GP surgeries I advise on.
People's mental health has been ****ed because of lockdown
username4986690
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
People's mental health has been ****ed because of lockdown
Before I lost my job I was working on designing new mental health facilities, I assume that work as continued.
Anonymous #1
Before I lost my job I was working on designing new mental health facilities, I assume that work as continued.
Sometimes it might not be accessible. Some people live alone, can't have visitors or nothing in lockdown and it's ****ed. People have killed themselves
Anonymous #2
Report 9 months ago
I've saw about an hour ago on google trending about another lockdown so Im now scared and I'm panicking. I'm actually dreading it, what are we going to do if there's another lockdown, I'm actually not going to cope and its ruined my day seeing that. Im so scared about this lockdown.*I don't know what I'm actually going to do.
I don’t really care because I have no friends anyway so I don’t see the point of going out the house
username4986690
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Sometimes it might not be accessible. Some people live alone, can't have visitors or nothing in lockdown and it's ****ed. People have killed themselves
I spent the first year of lockdown on my own in a one bed flat, I know exactly what it is like.

People kill themselves all the time, it has been the biggest killer of men under 50 for the last decade.
According to research there has not been an increase from a typical year.
https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n834
Anonymous #1
I spent the first year of lockdown on my own in a one bed flat, I know exactly what it is like.

People kill themselves all the time, it has been the biggest killer of men under 50 for the last decade.
https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n834
But lockdown is making it worse and they want to now bring another one back
Anonymous #1

Lockdowns have caused this to worsen
username5326522
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
I'm actually not gonna make myself feel depressed thinking about the future. If it happens, it happens. Boris Johnson is a Shmuck, and with him in government, buckle up cause there's a lot more lockdowns to come.
Last edited by username5326522; 9 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.69%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
13.25%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
4.82%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (14)
16.87%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20.48%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.89%

Watched Threads