The Student Room Group

We could be going into another lockdown

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
Lockdowns have caused this to worsen

Have you looked at the statistics for suicide in 2020 compared to previous years or is this just conjecture?
Lockdowns have caused this to worsen

Prove it.
Original post by Sinnoh
Have you looked at the statistics for suicide in 2020 compared to previous years or is this just conjecture?

Yes it's higher, I've seen news articles of people suffering and stuff
I'm trying to post a link but it keeps getting reviewed
I'm trying to post a link but it keeps getting reviewed

Because you are misusing anon.
Exactly
Original post by DiddyDec
Because you are misusing anon.

Mind your own business. Also why are you supporting the lockdowns
This has been the case for some time now but the public has never really been too bothered by the Government's failure to implement parity in healthcare.
Original post by Moonlight rain
I'm actually not gonna make myself feel depressed thinking about the future. If it happens, it happens. Boris Johnson is a Shmuck, and with him in government, buckle up cause there's a lot more lockdowns to come.

It's just pathetic
Reply 31
Yes it's higher, I've seen news articles of people suffering and stuff

As I thought, conjecture.
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/datasets/deathscausedbysuicidebyquarterinengland

Download the top spreadsheet. Fewer deaths from suicide in 2020 compared to 2019. Before 2020 it had been increasing.
Original post by Sinnoh
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/datasets/deathscausedbysuicidebyquarterinengland

Download the top spreadsheet. Fewer deaths from suicide in 2020 compared to 2019. Before 2020 it had been increasing.

It still doesn't show lockdowns have caused some
Mind your own business. Also why are you supporting the lockdowns

Because they stop the NHS from shutting up shop to all but COVID patient which results in worse health outcomes for everyone since they can no longer get the treatment they need. The cancelling of routine ops in the start, then referrals get backed up for years and people end up suffering for far longer even when COVID becomes a minor inconvenience.

There is a lot a knock on effects you have not considered.
Original post by Sinnoh

The people only have themselves to blame.
Original post by DiddyDec
Because they stop the NHS from shutting up shop to all but COVID patient which results in worse health outcomes for everyone since they can no longer get the treatment they need. The cancelling of routine ops in the start, then referrals get backed up for years and people end up suffering for far longer even when COVID becomes a minor inconvenience.

There is a lot a knock on effects you have not considered.

So you think there should be another lockdown?
Reply 37

Lockdowns haven't had a significant effect on deaths from suicide, to summarise, whereas there have been well over 100,000 excess deaths since Feb 2020 due to Covid-19. There are issues that come with mandating people to cut social contact and stay at home, but by focusing on suicides you're kind of missing the point.
(edited 2 years ago)
So you think there should be another lockdown?

If hospitalisation numbers rise to unsustainable levels, yes.
Original post by Moonlight rain
I'm actually not gonna make myself feel depressed thinking about the future. If it happens, it happens. Boris Johnson is a Shmuck, and with him in government, buckle up cause there's a lot more lockdowns to come.

It's just a breach of human rights as well though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending