The Student Room Group

medicine with AAC predicted

Can you get an offer for medicine with predicted grades A in biology, A in economics and C in chemistry
Reply 1
Original post by Heidiann1234
Can you get an offer for medicine with predicted grades A in biology, A in economics and C in chemistry

Yes, but the offer is likely to be AAA unless you have WP flags. There are some med schools that do not consider predictions when shortlisting, but still expect their standard offer to be achieved
Original post by GANFYD
Yes, but the offer is likely to be AAA unless you have WP flags. There are some med schools that do not consider predictions when shortlisting, but still expect their standard offer to be achieved

Do you know which universities those are?
Reply 3
Do you know which universities those are?

Yes, thank you :smile:
Original post by GANFYD
Yes, thank you :smile:

Please could you tell me
Please could you tell me

Keele, Aston, Cardiff I can name off the top of my head. I think @GANFYD might have misread? Some will accept AAB so if you can get the C up that would work :smile:, and a few more accept A*AB. Are your GCSE's strong? GCSEs and UCAT will be the major players then
Reply 6
Please could you tell me

I can if people ask nicely :smile:

They are Liverpool (not considering predictions for 2022), Lancaster, Cardiff, Kent and Canterbury (do not look at predicted grades at all), Aston, Keele. Nottingham (and Lincoln) are unclear as the main website is contradicted by their admissions policy, so would be wise to check.
Oxford also apparently say they do not look at predicted grades.

You would also need to check carefully whether you met any WA criteria (they are different for each med school, so will require a plough through websites) as this lowers accepted predictions and offers made.

As pointed out, there are more if you can get AAB or A*AB predicted, and some that would even make offers at this grade, if you have an EPQ at an A or above
Original post by GANFYD

They are Liverpool (not considering predictions for 2022), Lancaster, Cardiff, Kent and Canterbury (do not look at predicted grades at all), Aston, Keele. Nottingham (and Lincoln) are unclear as the main website is contradicted by their admissions policy, so would be wise to check.

You would also need to check carefully whether you met any WA criteria (they are different for each med school, so will require a plough through websites) as this lowers accepted predictions and offers made.

As pointed out, there are more if you can get AAB or A*AB predicted, and some that would even make offers at this grade, if you have an EPQ at an A or above

Thank you. That would be helpful. I looked at these universities and they are saying that they do look at predicted grades. Are you sure they are not considering it for next year?
Original post by GANFYD

I just re-read your bottom sentence. My grade won't be raised so I doubt I will get an offer.
Reply 9
I just re-read your bottom sentence. My grade won't be raised so I doubt I will get an offer.

Most of those listed have released their 2022 information on their websites.
You may get an offer - they do not consider predictions - but as I said in my first post on here, it will be for AAA (or A*AA, dependent on the med school) and it is then up to you to meet this, just the same as everyone else.
If you really think you cannot achieve AAA in your final exams, which are what are important, not your predictions, or you have no WP flags, then there is perhaps little point applying and distracting yourself from studying with admissions tests, interviews, etc. It might be better to focus on your A level and then apply with them in haand if you make the AAA requirements.
Hi @Heidiann1234,

Kent Uni rep and a current student here! :smile: Medicine in Kent is really a great course, our students get a lot of practice in with placements from their 1st year.
Our recruitment for 2021 is now closed, however if you want apply for 2022 entry I can help you with any queries you might have. If you haven't had a look at our website, it's totally worth it! Here is the link : https://www.kent.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/2022/3737/medicine
Our entry requirements are AAB (which must include Chemistry or Biology, and one of either Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Psychology, Physics, Computing or Computer Science).

If there is anything I can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask. I'd love to help :smile:

- Agnes
Reply 11
2 years later…. Are you studying medicine ? What are you doing right now
I am in the exact same situation as you but opting to do other degrees and if motivated I’ll do a grad entry med course if I don’t get good grades on results day to do medicine from the start and if I do get good grades I’ll take a gap year and reapply

Reply 12
Original post by skabir05
2 years later…. Are you studying medicine ? What are you doing right now
I am in the exact same situation as you but opting to do other degrees and if motivated I’ll do a grad entry med course if I don’t get good grades on results day to do medicine from the start and if I do get good grades I’ll take a gap year and reapply

yes pls answer bc im in the same situation with AAC predicted. how did it work out for u in the end?
Reply 13
Have a friend who is the same - A* A C - so I'm marking my place in case the poster comes back.

Quick Reply

Latest