What is the stigma around bring a female virgin at 20?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Do you think it's weird or is it something to be proud of?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
Be proud you're not a ***! We need more women like you, this generation is finished we need good women
Ten-Ten
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I mean I turn 20 next year and waiting till marriage. I’m not ashamed of being a virgin at all, some people in this generation act like they need sex to breathe and function. I think it’s overrated
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Don't worry about it. Some people will put stigma on you for being a virgin; others (such as the above Anon #2, I suspect) will stigmatise you for not being a virgin. Just do you and don't feel you need to apologise to anyone.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Be proud you're not a ***! We need more women like you, this generation is finished we need good women
(Original post by Ten-Ten)
I mean I turn 20 next year and waiting till marriage. I’m not ashamed of being a virgin at all, some people in this generation act like they need sex to breathe and function. I think it’s overrated
Aw thanks guys. I'm also going to wait until marriage. I just thought people find virgins weird...
Ten-Ten
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Aw thanks guys. I'm also going to wait until marriage. I just thought people find virgins weird...
Some definitely do, I’ve encountered a few on tsr but you just ignore them really. It’s not like it’s their body
username5778314
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Stigma against people for being virgins is as moronic as stigma towards people who have had several partners.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago
it’s your body and nobody else’s !
CountBread
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It's not weird and there's no stigma against being virgin for a female at that age or much older than 20.
Elize W
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I am a virgin at 19. I dont think there is anything wrong about that even tho people told me things a few times about it being shameful to be a virgin at this age. I am not waiting until marriage but defienetly to a partner i feel comfortable around.
Anonymous #4
Report 2 months ago
I’m a virgin at 20. I am waiting until marriage and I don’t think you need to be ashamed about it.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I don’t think losing it is bad nor do I think you having it is weird. Just do your thing; criticism will always be there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (4)
7.69%
I need help researching courses (5)
9.62%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.77%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
46.15%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (12)
23.08%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
1.92%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.77%

Watched Threads