Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hey guys, so I've been trying to pass my driving test since last year but due to COVID-19 it kept getting cancelled and in April 2021 I managed to get an exam booked in for 26th July 2021.

I messaged my driving instructor on the day I booked it informing them of the date and time I've booked it for. I also asked if it was okay to book a few lessons before my exam, which I would do closer to the date.

They replied with saying yes sure that's fine. I messaged them this morning asking if I could book some lessons for Saturday, Sunday and Monday (the day of the test) and they just replied with:

"Hey your last lesson was with me in August last year, I think you should just use your mum's car to just do the test. You do not need me."

I thought it was maybe because they do not know if I can still drive or not so I did say I don't mind taking more lessons and I can do them anytime starting from 18th if you don't believe I'm ready. I also explained how due to a senor being broken in my mum's car meant I can't do the test in her car as they check to ensure no warning lights are on, on the dash and I would appreciate it if I could at least do the test on your car.

They just replied with the following:

"No it's not ok with me. I find all this very insulting. I have pupils with tests/lessons coming up and they are my priority. You'll need to sort something else out."

Now this response would have been fine if I had just told him about my exam and wanted to book some lessons now, however I had already told him about this 3 months prior. What should I do now in order to take my driving test?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
Type emergency instructors on google and find some in your area, if you cant find anything ring a load of instructors telling them you have a test and need lessons
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Type emergency instructors on google and find some in your area, if you cant find anything ring a load of instructors telling them you have a test and need lessons
I rang 3 three instructors today but they all said they would want me to get around 10 lessons to get a good idea as to where I am and whether or not I should be allowed to sit, which would have been fine, as I am confident I can pass my test but I can't take 10 lessons now as it's a bit too late

Haven't tried the emergency instructor thing so I definitely will be doing that tomorrow.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
I rang 3 three instructors today but they all said they would want me to get around 10 lessons to get a good idea as to where I am and whether or not I should be allowed to sit, which would have been fine, as I am confident I can pass my test but I can't take 10 lessons now as it's a bit too late

Haven't tried the emergency instructor thing so I definitely will be doing that tomorrow.
Hopefully you'll find one
Anonymous #1
Hopefully you'll find one
Thank you for your help!
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
Thank you for your help!
It's cool
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.51%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.49%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.86%
I need help with my personal statement (77)
41.62%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (44)
23.78%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.62%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (15)
8.11%

Watched Threads