The Student Room Group

No module choices

I’ve just finished year 1 of my degree, but last November I was going to ask my tutor about what module choices I should take in year 2 and 3, when she stopped me and said that because of Covid there wouldn’t be any module choices for the rest of my course, only set modules. On the uni website where courses are advertised it still shows the choices as if they’re still available, with a small disclaimer at the bottom saying could be subject to change. The uni already knows the choices are not available. I told my tutor that no doubt there would be notification to current students letting them know this and she said there would be, but there has been no notification at all. I can’t believe that students haven’t asked why they haven’t been asked by uni to make their module choices by now to start year 2 in September, but nobody has mentioned it and I don’t see it as my place to tell anyone (apart from a close fellow student). To be honest I’ve thought of changing to OU and choosing my own modules, but I’m not sure about financing that. My uni just seems to be doing as they like, keeping current students in the dark and false advertising the course

Quick Reply

Latest