Universities in Clearing 2021 - Lists of Vacancies

Watch this thread
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Every year some universities publish their vacancies online before the official listings come from UCAS. While UCAS now leave vacancies available throughout July and August it's still handy to have all the links in one place.

Over the years, thanks with the wonderful PQ, TSR has pulled together the links to all the university's clearing pages in this thread, in this thread, in this thread, in this thread, in this thread and in this thread. The thread you're reading now is the latest iteration - as we prepare for 2021! :woo:

Note: No listings - sometimes this is because the listings aren't available but often this is because the clearing listings look identical to their full course list. This could be true (every single course is in clearing) but it's best to double check directly and on UCAS.

DO NOT CALL ABOUT CLEARING VACANCIES UNLESS YOU ARE ALREADY HOLDING YOUR RESULTS

Find your University here...

Universities (Potentially) Not in Clearing

• Bath - We don't expect to have any vacancies
  • Cambridge: No adjustment or clearing spaces. They do run a special adjustment scheme for rejected applicants meeting certain criteria, but you will have been contacted about this if eligible.
  • LSE: "We do not envisage being in adjustment or clearing this year."
  • Imperial: No clear statement as yet. Suggested wording that they won't be advertising Clearing vacancies.
  • Oxford: Does not participate in clearing, extra, or adjustment.
  • UCL: No statement yet - occasionally limited adjustment places.
  • St Andrews: Doesn't usually have clearing spaces.
  • Durham: No clearing or adjustment spaces.
  • Edinburgh: No clearing spaces.
  • Leeds: No clearing spaces.
  • KCL: No clearing or adjustment spaces.
  • Manchester: No clearing or adjustment spaces.

Universities to treat with caution in Clearing

• Private universities/private colleges: These universities may well make you ineligible for student loans or may charge fees in excess of the amount of loan you can get to cover tuition fees. If they offer the course you want in the environment you want the go for it, but be sure to check the small print on their fees and funding before you commit to a place.
  • Look up latest news stories for any university you're interested in. It may be that there are some things happening locally with that institution that you want to be aware of.

With any university it's important to ask for and take note of names and job titles of anyone you speak to and ask them to confirm anything promised in writing.

Quick Clearing Guide
Spoiler:
Show

- Search for your subject areas/key words. There may be more than one; for example, you might find some courses listed in Biology that aren't listed in Life Sciences and vice versa.

- Note down the universities and courses that you're interested in. Then, get online and check out the websites for those universities; see if they mention the grades they want, and find out a bit more about the course e.g. does it have a compulsory year abroad or something that would put you off altogether.

- Also double check that the course is still listed as having vacancies on the uni website.

If you've got the grades and the course is still open and you fancy the university RING THEIR HOTLINE. They'll ask questions, if you match what they're after they might make you a verbal offer. Be sure to ask:
a) How long the offer is valid for
b) What accommodation is available
c) If they're running any open days over the weekend for you to visit, and whether they can hold your offer until after then

Repeat the ringing around until you're fed up of speaking. Collect a list of unis that have made you offers - DO NOT STOP AT THE FIRST OFFER.

At around 3pm, when track goes fully functional, if you've got an offer you want to take up then add it on Track.

As long as you apply within the deadlines given then your uni should confirm this place within 24 hours, usually quicker, and it will show as your new Firm Unconditional place on Track.Then you'll just need to sort out accommodation and let student finance know about the new university/course

If you spot any lists of courses in Clearing not already here, then please link them below and we'll get them added to the list.

Or if you discover a URL that isn't working - please do flag it and tag me (04MR17) in this thread to get it fixed. :yy:

Likewise if you come across a website of a university stating explicitly that they will not have vacancies in clearing/adjustment then please link that too.Image
Last edited by 04MR17; 10 months ago
04MR17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
:flute:
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Every year some universities publish their vacancies online before the official listings come from UCAS. While UCAS now leave vacancies available throughout July and August it's still handy to have all the links in one place.

Over the years, thanks with the wonderful PQ, TSR has pulled together the links to all the university's clearing pages in this thread, in this thread, in this thread, in this thread, in this thread and in this thread. The thread you're reading now is the latest iteration - as we prepare for 2021! :woo:

Note: No listings - sometimes this is because the listings aren't available but often this is because the clearing listings look identical to their full course list. This could be true (every single course is in clearing) but it's best to double check directly and on UCAS.

DO NOT CALL ABOUT CLEARING VACANCIES UNLESS YOU ARE ALREADY HOLDING YOUR RESULTS

Find your University here...

Universities (Potentially) Not in Clearing

• Bath - We don't expect to have any vacancies
  • Cambridge: No adjustment or clearing spaces. They do run a special adjustment scheme for rejected applicants meeting certain criteria, but you will have been contacted about this if eligible.
  • LSE: "We do not envisage being in adjustment or clearing this year."
  • Imperial: No clear statement as yet. Suggested wording that they won't be advertising Clearing vacancies.
  • Oxford: Does not participate in clearing, extra, or adjustment.
  • UCL: No statement yet - occasionally limited adjustment places.
  • St Andrews: Doesn't usually have clearing spaces.
  • Durham: No clearing or adjustment spaces.

Universities to treat with caution in Clearing

• Private universities/private colleges: These universities may well make you ineligible for student loans or may charge fees in excess of the amount of loan you can get to cover tuition fees. If they offer the course you want in the environment you want the go for it, but be sure to check the small print on their fees and funding before you commit to a place.

With any university it's important to ask for and take note of names and job titles of anyone you speak to and ask them to confirm anything promised in writing.

Quick Clearing Guide
Spoiler:
Show

- Search for your subject areas/key words. There may be more than one; for example, you might find some courses listed in Biology that aren't listed in Life Sciences and vice versa.

- Note down the universities and courses that you're interested in. Then, get online and check out the websites for those universities; see if they mention the grades they want, and find out a bit more about the course e.g. does it have a compulsory year abroad or something that would put you off altogether.

- Also double check that the course is still listed as having vacancies on the uni website.

If you've got the grades and the course is still open and you fancy the university RING THEIR HOTLINE. They'll ask questions, if you match what they're after they might make you a verbal offer. Be sure to ask:
a) How long the offer is valid for
b) What accommodation is available
c) If they're running any open days over the weekend for you to visit, and whether they can hold your offer until after then

Repeat the ringing around until you're fed up of speaking. Collect a list of unis that have made you offers - DO NOT STOP AT THE FIRST OFFER.

At around 3pm, when track goes fully functional, if you've got an offer you want to take up then add it on Track.

As long as you apply within the deadlines given then your uni should confirm this place within 24 hours, usually quicker, and it will show as your new Firm Unconditional place on Track.Then you'll just need to sort out accommodation and let student finance know about the new university/course

If you spot any lists of courses in Clearing not already here, then please link them below and we'll get them added to the list.

Or if you discover a URL that isn't working - please do flag it and tag me (04MR17) in this thread to get it fixed. :yy:

Likewise if you come across a website of a university stating explicitly that they will not have vacancies in clearing/adjustment then please link that too.Image
:adore: :adore:
5hyl33n
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by PQ)
:flute:
This is probably an unanswerable question but how 'difficult' is it to get a place in Clearing for a Chemistry course? I'm looking at Nottingham/Lancaster/Warwick.

Thanks PQ for this thread. :adore:
PQ
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
This is probably an unanswerable question but how 'difficult' is it to get a place in Clearing for a Chemistry course? I'm looking at Nottingham/Lancaster/Warwick.

Thanks PQ for this thread. :adore:
generally pretty easy if you have the right subjects and grades - chemistry isn't very popular (most people with top chemistry A level grades are applying for medicine )
5hyl33n
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by PQ)
generally pretty easy if you have the right subjects and grades - chemistry isn't very popular (most people with top chemistry A level grades are applying for medicine )
Thanks!
bhljhvcvtifr
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
I have applied to Lancaster University For an economics and Finance course which requires the grades AAB. I got an offer but feel like I am going to be rejected as I feel like i will get ABC/ACC. Which course at which university will be best for me if I'm wanting to go to a well respected uni and study economics.
PQ
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Warning for anyone hoping to apply to Liverpool in clearing. There is currently a strike of academic staff across the confirmation and clearing period.

they are likely to be slow making decisions for firm/insurance students and might struggle to make clearing offers (especially for borderline applicants or applicants with unusual qualifications).
BrutusofBritain
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
04MR17 I've just found this page on Edinburgh uni about not being in clearing when answering someone on that forum. https://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/undergraduate/2021/ucas
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by bhljhvcvtifr)
I have applied to Lancaster University For an economics and Finance course which requires the grades AAB. I got an offer but feel like I am going to be rejected as I feel like i will get ABC/ACC. Which course at which university will be best for me if I'm wanting to go to a well respected uni and study economics.
Hi bhljhvcvtifr

There is a lot to consider here! Firstly I would wait to see what Lancaster says when you get your grades; I was offered AAB to study Biology and I only ended up getting BBB- for various reasons I was still let in! So I would wait and see, don't give up completely!
If Lancaster doesn't work out maybe have a list of uni's that interest you that you could apply to through clearing. Things to consider is the course layout, whether it is a campus or city uni, the city the uni is located in, that sort of thing! There are plenty of well respected universities out there, and its worth looking at a league table to look at student satisfaction, rating of your course, overall rating etc.
Just remember uni is a lot more than the course you are studying!
Some food for thought- hope this helps!
Abby, Student Ambassador
amanda.wang
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
How likely is it for the University of Manchester's Alliance Manchester Business School to going into Clearing?
13sana
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Uni of Leeds and KCL do not have clearing/adjustment open this year
PQ
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by amanda.wang)
How likely is it for the University of Manchester's Alliance Manchester Business School to going into Clearing?
Have you looked at their website or the ucas course search?
amanda.wang
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by PQ)
Have you looked at their website or the ucas course search?
A few weeks ago they had a couple of Management Courses with Foreign Language. For now, none. I am hoping to apply for Finance courses through Clearing and wondering the possibility of those appearing as vacant!
PQ
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by amanda.wang)
A few weeks ago they had a couple of Management Courses with Foreign Language. For now, none. I am hoping to apply for Finance courses through Clearing and wondering the possibility of those appearing as vacant!
Their website says vacancies will be posted at 2pm on Monday.
No one apart from them will know the possibility
04MR17
Rep:
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by 13sana)
Uni of Leeds and KCL do not have clearing/adjustment open this year
Updated in the OP, thank you.
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
With grade inflation there will be barely any spaces, no idea why one writer (cannot remember where) suggested there would be like 30k positions.
学生の父
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by random_matt)
With grade inflation there will be barely any spaces, no idea why one writer (cannot remember where) suggested there would be like 30k positions.
Most universities will have spaces for most courses. In terms of the overall range of openings in the UK's HE institutions, Tuesday's results will not change things very much --- students will still find a range of courses to choose from.
学生の父
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Aberystwyth: www.aber.ac.uk/en/clearing/
University of Wales Trinity St David: uwtsd.ac.uk/clearing/
Birkbeck: http://www.bbk.ac.uk/student-service...sions/clearing
SOAS: www.soas.ac.uk/clearing/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (25)
32.89%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (35)
46.05%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (15)
19.74%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.32%

Watched Threads