Visas - 'British Residence Permit Number'

Watch
JosephCiderBwoy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I am a British guy who is applying for a long stay visa in France. I'm filling out my profile on the TLS site and it requires a 'British Residence Permit No.' and as as British citizen, how am I supposed to get this? WHY am I supposed to get this? I've never had to provide this in my life smh
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If you are British by birth you won't have a Residence Permit; they are for immigrants. If it's stopping you completing the application you'll need to find a phone or email contact to ask for help.
Last edited by Surnia; 2 months ago
JosephCiderBwoy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Surnia)
If you are British by birth you won't have a Residence Permit; they are for immigrants. If it's stopping you completing the application you'll need to find a phone or email contact to ask for help.
Thanks for the clarification. Exactly what I thought tbh - I have no idea why I'm being asked for it!
alexoondra
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bro same how did you get past it? gona kms this is just fuelling my francephobia
JosephCiderBwoy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by alexoondra)
Bro same how did you get past it? gona kms this is just fuelling my francephobia
I got my visa in the end. What you need to do is select 'United Kingdom' as the residence, not 'British national' (even if you were born here, raised here and describe yourself as a bloody British national). If you select 'British national', you'll have to put a British residence permit number which you don't have if you're British by birth. However, I selected that one not knowing about the UK option, and a friend told me I had to put my passport number as my permit number. Either way, I still got my visa! Good luck, just persist and keep going. There's this handy document that really helped clarify things for me https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...IlvTpsDh3/edit
alexoondra
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JosephCiderBwoy)
I got my visa in the end. What you need to do is select 'United Kingdom' as the residence, not 'British national' (even if you were born here, raised here and describe yourself as a bloody British national). If you select 'British national', you'll have to put a British residence permit number which you don't have if you're British by birth. However, I selected that one not knowing about the UK option, and a friend told me I had to put my passport number as my permit number. Either way, I still got my visa! Good luck, just persist and keep going. There's this handy document that really helped clarify things for me https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...IlvTpsDh3/edit
Thank you SO much, that doc is really useful!! I hope they patch up the errors
JosephCiderBwoy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by alexoondra)
Thank you SO much, that doc is really useful!! I hope they patch up the errors
No problem, bon courage !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.43%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.57%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.57%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.71%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (47)
26.86%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.86%

Watched Threads