Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys , so I want to enrol onto btec level 3 business communication to later proceed into fashion public relations and communications in university which the London college of fashion but they prefer btec level 3 art and design will that be a problem.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
LCF will want a portfolio of design and art work - are you able to put that together without a creative qualification?
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey guys , so I want to enrol onto btec level 3 business communication to later proceed into fashion public relations and communications in university which the London college of fashion but they prefer btec level 3 art and design will that be a problem.
I suggest you email them and ask if what you are doing meets their entry requirements for that course.

As above - you have no creative qualification at Level 3 and you may find that doing something like an A&D Foundation course in-between school and Uni helps you gain a place, and to understand 'fashion' better (https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...ation-diplomas)

Remember you will need to apply for 5 choices not just UAL and other Fashion Marketing courses will also require an Art or Media qualification - ie. https://courses.leeds.ac.uk/g186/fashion-marketing-ba and https://www.ntu.ac.uk/course/art-and...g-and-branding
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
And even if you opt to take a FAD (Art & Design Foundation Diploma) then you’ll STILL need a portfolio of art and design work for entry onto a FAD - they aren’t entry level courses. They’re designed to bridge the gap between A level and degree so if you don’t have a portfolio or your portfolio is miles away from A level standard then you won’t be accepted.
University of the Arts London Student Reps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there,

Great to see you're looking ahead at your future career and considering London College of Fashion.
The requirements for Fashion Public Relations are as follows:

One or a combination of the following accepted full level 3 qualifications.

A Level Passes at Grade C or above (preferred subjects include English, a foreign language and Media Studies);
Merit at Foundation Diploma in Art and Design;
Merit, Merit, Merit at BTEC Extended Diploma (preferred subjects Art & Design);
Merit, Pass at UAL Extended Diploma;
Access Diploma or 96 new UCAS tariff points from the Access to HE Diploma;
96 new UCAS tariff points (equivalent to 240 old UCAS tariff points) from a combination of the above qualifications or an equivalent full Level 3 qualification;
or equivalent EU or non-EU qualifications such as International Baccalaureate Diploma;
and Five GCSE passes at grade A*-C or grade 9-4, with grade C (grade 4) or above in English.

So as long as you're able to demonstrate you passion and interest in fashion specifically in your personal statement and the written piece you are requested to do as part of the application process a BTEC in Business should put you in a good position.

I hope that is helpful and please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions.

All the best,

Tegan
UAL Student Rep
University of the Arts London
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by University of the Arts London Student Reps)
Hi there,

Great to see you're looking ahead at your future career and considering London College of Fashion.
The requirements for Fashion Public Relations are as follows:

One or a combination of the following accepted full level 3 qualifications.

A Level Passes at Grade C or above (preferred subjects include English, a foreign language and Media Studies);
Merit at Foundation Diploma in Art and Design;
Merit, Merit, Merit at BTEC Extended Diploma (preferred subjects Art & Design);
Merit, Pass at UAL Extended Diploma;
Access Diploma or 96 new UCAS tariff points from the Access to HE Diploma;
96 new UCAS tariff points (equivalent to 240 old UCAS tariff points) from a combination of the above qualifications or an equivalent full Level 3 qualification;
or equivalent EU or non-EU qualifications such as International Baccalaureate Diploma;
and Five GCSE passes at grade A*-C or grade 9-4, with grade C (grade 4) or above in English.

So as long as you're able to demonstrate you passion and interest in fashion specifically in your personal statement and the written piece you are requested to do as part of the application process a BTEC in Business should put you in a good position.

I hope that is helpful and please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions.

All the best,

Tegan
UAL Student Rep
Thanks Tegan - this is spot on. And just to be really clear, you do not need a creative portfolio for BA (Hons) Fashion Public Relations and Communication at LCF.

Sian
UK Student Recruitment Team
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
2.6%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
14.29%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (12)
15.58%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
37.66%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
18.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed