teyana
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Any advice for business management
Eg. What to include in UCAS personal statement
What a business student should do beforehand. Recommended things I should do before going to uni (I am an undergrad) eg.buying text books, any resources, any opening days. I have looked online and I really want to visit a university rather than virtual so if you know of any please tell me.

What it’s like studying Business Management (please go in detail and state all flaws/things you don’t like)

Is there a lot of maths ? If yes please show me examples

Anything will be helpful, thank you so much
Ketchup007
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by teyana)
What a business student should do beforehand. Recommended things I should do before going to uni (I am an undergrad) eg.buying text books, any resources, any opening days. I have looked online and I really want to visit a university rather than virtual so if you know of any please tell me.

What it’s like studying Business Management (please go in detail and state all flaws/things you don’t like)

Talk about why they should accept you? Why your interested in the course? Any work experiences you done or jobs link it to business say it helped me this way bla bla(you don't have to say much just good talking about your experience) definitely talk about your skills mate then relate it to your degree for example you could say you always met deadlines at college/six form this is good because...hope some of this helped. Also the maths questions it depends on what uni you go but good luck! But from what I've heard from people who did this course it don't matter what uni you go to there should be not too much maths. Erm open days well everything is opening today at the time of me typing this again depends on your uni choices to know when open day is...July 31st I got open day at Birmingham City University and August 7th I have a open day at Coventry University. Wherever you go don't feel down so much negativity on these forms that if u don't go Oxford your stupid it's actually depressing. Hope I helped you got this! Guessing your doing clearing my friend? If so gd idea wish I had the patience I'm applying same course as you but I didn't have any now I feel silly as entry requirements r low for everyone now I just couldn't control it. Keep me updated hope u reply.
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi there,

I am a current MSc International marketing management student at Coventry. I am a May starter. I found my course really intensive which I am really enjoying it. There are not a lot mathematics. However, we still need to do some basic calculation in Excel. And I didn't buy any text book. All text books are provided online.

As an Master student in business management, I strongly recommend you ready extra material or you can even watch video on YouTube. It's really helpful.

Let me know if you have any questions😊

Kylie Ng, Student Ambassador
International Marketing Management, Coventry University
Last edited by Coventry University Student Ambassadors; 2 months ago
Pearson Business School Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by teyana)

Hi hope you are well!

In terms of your UCAS personal statement, Universities want to hear about you and what you're like as a person, it's great to include any experience you've had within business as well as any work experience you've done that you can link back. Really emphasise your passion for studying this course and why you've decided to study it, what is it about business management that makes you want to study it?

Before coming to University I would suggest preparing however much you feel appropriate, however any books and material will be provided when you start. I would however say visiting open days as well as taster days is a great way to prepare and get a feel for the university as well as hear from both current students as well as alumni about their time and what they learnt.

I study Business Management at Pearson College London. Here at Pearson I have had the opportunity to immerse myself within the industry hearing from a wide range of industry leaders as well as networking with them, making it feel as though I'm studying more than just a degree but gaining crucial knowledge and experience of the industry. The great thing about business management is the opportunities, allowing you to explore different careers whilst giving you the industry knowledge that employers are looking for.

Business management is a broad degree meaning that there is a small element of maths included however I have found that this has not been too much. A simple understanding of finances is needed however this is something that will be taught to you and not expected for you to understand straight away.

Overall a degree in Business Management is a great way to gain that industry knowledge giving you all the key steps to open the doors to a wide range of careers.

Hope this has helped!

Fiona- PBS Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
8.93%
I need help researching courses (5)
8.93%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.36%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
42.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (14)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.57%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads