svcantrell
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Teach2021)
I will try to relate any experience back to CfE, GIRFEC etc. Thank you for the tips.
Do you have any resources for CfE, GIRFEC?
Teach2021
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by svcantrell)
Do you have any resources for CfE, GIRFEC?
I have been on the Scot gov website, there is plenty information there and I’ve been watching any videos/talks on CfE I can fine online. I think an awareness of CfE is all the universities require you to show. My degree is in education studies (primary) and focused more on how children learn as opposed to curriculum content.
Teach2021
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by svcantrell)
Did Dundee give you any feedback?
No. To be honest though on reflection I think I know where I went wrong. I feel better prepared this year.
galantina19
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
How long did it for you to be offered an interview last year? Good luck again for this year.
Teach2021
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by galantina19)
How long did it for you to be offered an interview last year? Good luck again for this year.
I think about 4-5 weeks but that’s a guess as I honestly don’t know. It’s such a horrible wait, I’d hope to hear before Christmas but looking unlikely. Was hoping to have an couple interviews in December as would be good to know if I’m successful soon rather than later.
Dcmanmp96
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
The University of Strathclyde is quite swift with the interview process this year. I had my interview just 2 days ago (secondary) and earlier today I received a conditional offer on UCAS. IMO the chances are that if you haven't heard from them yet you might get an invitation for an interview fairly soon!

All the best!
Last edited by Dcmanmp96; 2 weeks ago
Teach2021
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Dcmanmp96)
The University of Strathclyde is quite swift with the interview process this year. I had my interview just 2 days ago (secondary) and earlier today I received a conditional offer on UCAS. IMO the chances are that if you haven't heard from them yet you might get an invitation for an interview fairly soon!

All the best!
Thank you and congratulations. Must be a relief to have an offer this early on. Good luck
chez84
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago

All the best!
I applied to Strathclyde about 2 weeks ago and only had an application acknowledgement email so far.

What questions did they ask you? If you don't mind me asking.

Thanks.
chlo3robertson
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
is anyone else applying before they have their level 5 maths?I have a national 5 at a D grade from school but I hated maths so much I didn't retake - major regret now! I'm doing the access course with Aberdeen now but I'm worried im still at a bit of a disadvantage..
Teach2021
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by chlo3robertson)
is anyone else applying before they have their level 5 maths?I have a national 5 at a D grade from school but I hated maths so much I didn't retake - major regret now! I'm doing the access course with Aberdeen now but I'm worried im still at a bit of a disadvantage..
I think most universities state that you must have the English and maths grades before you apply but worth checking. Good luck
Jcun23
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago

All the best!
Do u mind me asking what Subject? I've applied to secondary at strathclyde and stressing as I haven't heard yet!! Thanks in advance
Samsam_19
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Who are you all using for references? I’m in my final year at Aberdeen and have no one decent to ask and I know it’s important so I’m stressing! I don’t think any lecturers know me well enough to write a good reference.
AbsT1980
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Samsam_19)
Who are you all using for references? I’m in my final year at Aberdeen and have no one decent to ask and I know it’s important so I’m stressing! I don’t think any lecturers know me well enough to write a good reference.
My employer has written my reference, they have known me for 14 years. Any clubs or youth organisations you volunteer in? Maybe the person in charge could write a reference ?
cherrybombflavor
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Samsam_19)
A lecturer of yours? Academic tutor? Someone at your university may be your best bet.
Jooks58
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hi all. Applying for Secondary History or Modern Studies. Doing my UCAS application. Do we have to add modules from our bachelors degrees? It says optional, but then I saw on Aberdeen Uni's PGDE Entry 2022 Information document - Applicants to UCAS are required and expected to detail full academic history.

Then below it says that in the acknowledgement of your application email they'll ask for your degree transcript.

What have others done? Do I need to enter all 24 modules I studied at uni into my UCAS application?!

Any ideas appreciated
chez84
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jooks58)
Hi all. Applying for Secondary History or Modern Studies. Doing my UCAS application. Do we have to add modules from our bachelors degrees? It says optional, but then I saw on Aberdeen Uni's PGDE Entry 2022 Information document - Applicants to UCAS are required and expected to detail full academic history.

Then below it says that in the acknowledgement of your application email they'll ask for your degree transcript.

What have others done? Do I need to enter all 24 modules I studied at uni into my UCAS application?!

Any ideas appreciated
Hi there,

I, too, am applying for PGDE History but not applying to Aberdeen. I've applied to Glasgow, Strathclyde and Edinburgh and all 3 asked for my degree transcript to date. I don't graduate until June 2022.

Wishing you lots of luck in your application
Jooks58
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by chez84)
Hi there,

I, too, am applying for PGDE History but not applying to Aberdeen. I've applied to Glasgow, Strathclyde and Edinburgh and all 3 asked for my degree transcript to date. I don't graduate until June 2022.

Wishing you lots of luck in your application
Hi,

Ok, seems as if they all ask for degree transcripts after the application is in. Did you put your modules into the UCAS application?
It may be different though if you're still studying. I graduated quite a while ago and couldn't even remember some of the modules I did.

Best of luck for the application, too.
chez84
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jooks58)
Hi,

Ok, seems as if they all ask for degree transcripts after the application is in. Did you put your modules into the UCAS application?
It may be different though if you're still studying. I graduated quite a while ago and couldn't even remember some of the modules I did.

Best of luck for the application, too.
Yes I put mine in. I'm in my final year at Glasgow just now.

At least, your degree transcript will list all of your modules so hopefully that'll be OK.

Thanks, where else have you applied?
AisSonic
Badges: 4
Report 1 week ago
We just got an interview for Aberdeen Primary! Very excited and nervous!

Has anyone got any tips or information on it?
Teach2021
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AisSonic)
We just got an interview for Aberdeen Primary! Very excited and nervous!

Has anyone got any tips or information on it?
Congratulations, when did you apply?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads