AisSonic
Badges: 6
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Teach2021)
Congratulations, when did you apply?
Thank you! Now the nerves really kick in haha!

We applied first week of October. Still waiting to hear back from Strathclyde and Glasgow
Teach2021
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AisSonic)

We applied first week of October. Still waiting to hear back from Strathclyde and Glasgow
It is nerve racking isn’t it. You’ll be fine, just prep as much as you can. Is it over Zoom?

I’m still waiting to hear back from Glasgow and Strathclyde also as well as Dundee and Edinburgh.
AisSonic
Report 1 month ago
It is nerve racking isn’t it. You’ll be fine, just prep as much as you can. Is it over Zoom?

I’m still waiting to hear back from Glasgow and Strathclyde also as well as Dundee and Edinburgh.
It's on Microsoft Teams thankfully! Yea, need to start reading upon on CfE and seeing what else we can find out about it.

The wait feels ages haha! Hopefully they'll all start getting onto us soon But it took Glasgow and Strathclyde way longer to even send the acknowledgment emails than Aberdeen so I fear they'll be a bit slower
AbsT1980
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It's on Microsoft Teams thankfully! Yea, need to start reading upon on CfE and seeing what else we can find out about it.

The wait feels ages haha! Hopefully they'll all start getting onto us soon But it took Glasgow and Strathclyde way longer to even send the acknowledgment emails than Aberdeen so I fear they'll be a bit slower
Congratulations, that’s amazing news! Could I ask… do you have lots of previous experience and a high grade in your undergraduate degree? I’m trying to gage my likelihood of being invited for an interview or just a straight unsuccessful.
Teach2021
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AbsT1980)
Congratulations, that’s amazing news! Could I ask… do you have lots of previous experience and a high grade in your undergraduate degree? I’m trying to gage my likelihood of being invited for an interview or just a straight unsuccessful.
I got an interview last year when in my last year of my degree and I had around 80hours experience in a school volunteering. Good luck 🤞🏼 I’m sure you’ll have the same chance as everyone
AisSonic
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AbsT1980)
I've been teaching in SE Asia since 2014 so I have over 7 years of experience across Kindergarten, Primary and High School! (I'm still here right now teaching)

My undergrad, I got a 2.1 in it but I did a degree in a subject that isn't one of the Primary school core subjects.

The interviews are starting in two weeks (mine is in two weeks so not much time to prep!)
cherrybombflavor
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

Got mine too! Next week monday. Fingers crossed
soyabeans
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Samsam_19)
Who are you all using for references? I’m in my final year at Aberdeen and have no one decent to ask and I know it’s important so I’m stressing! I don’t think any lecturers know me well enough to write a good reference.
I'm in the same place with Aberdeen, stuck between my diss supervisor and my personal tutor, neither of whom know me well
AisSonic
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cherrybombflavor)
Got mine too! Next week monday. Fingers crossed
Good luck!!! I hope it goes fantastic for you! Ours are on the 13th of December! Trying to prep now for the questions. What are your thoughts on the pre given questions?

Let me know how it goes!
scantrell
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I've been teaching in SE Asia since 2014 so I have over 7 years of experience across Kindergarten, Primary and High School! (I'm still here right now teaching)

My undergrad, I got a 2.1 in it but I did a degree in a subject that isn't one of the Primary school core subjects.

The interviews are starting in two weeks (mine is in two weeks so not much time to prep!)
I'm also in SE Asia at the moment - due to come back next year. Did you get classified as an international student for fees? Hoping it'll still mean I can do the normal induction track for probationary year.
Teach2021
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by soyabeans)
I'm in the same place with Aberdeen, stuck between my diss supervisor and my personal tutor, neither of whom know me well
The course leader of my degree wrote my reference last year and I got invited to an interview. I think the academic reference is probably more about you being on course to complete your degree and a predicted grade. Funnily enough the reference was the only part of the application I didn’t stress over 😆
cherrybombflavor
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Good luck!!! I hope it goes fantastic for you! Ours are on the 13th of December! Trying to prep now for the questions. What are your thoughts on the pre given questions?

Let me know how it goes!
13th too. I quite like it how they gave the 3 questions to choose from, gives me time to prepare for it whilst being on topics I'm very passionate about (hard to just choose one though lol). The website they sent is very useful too. Fingers crossed for you guys too!
scantrell
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
No. To be honest though on reflection I think I know where I went wrong. I feel better prepared this year.
I just got an interview for Dundee. Feeling quite nervous, but it's not til Jan. You suggest lots of research into CfE? And then Dundee also gives you a presentation question in advance on their website.
Teach2021
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by scantrell)
I just got an interview for Dundee. Feeling quite nervous, but it's not til Jan. You suggest lots of research into CfE? And then Dundee also gives you a presentation question in advance on their website.
I just got mine through also, congratulations. I am going to continue reading up on CfE and relate my answers to that. The presentation was very scary last year for me but I feel better about it having done it already. I suppose it’s nerve racking because we want a place so much. Good luck with it 🤞🏼 for us both!
AisSonic
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by scantrell)
I'm also in SE Asia at the moment - due to come back next year. Did you get classified as an international student for fees? Hoping it'll still mean I can do the normal induction track for probationary year.
Yes, we did Because we've been out of Europe/the UK for over 3 years. For the induction track, I'm hoping we'll still be able to get a job easily and just have to explain to employers that we've been out of the country for X years.
AisSonic
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cherrybombflavor)
13th too. I quite like it how they gave the 3 questions to choose from, gives me time to prepare for it whilst being on topics I'm very passionate about (hard to just choose one though lol). The website they sent is very useful too. Fingers crossed for you guys too!
Yes, definitely! The website is great!! Just need to start prepping now and triple over thinking everything I prep
Educhat
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi everyone, Has anyone heard back regarding interviews for Glasgow or Strathclyde universities PGDE (primary)?
BlythePaterson
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Educhat)
Hi everyone, Has anyone heard back regarding interviews for Glasgow or Strathclyde universities PGDE (primary)?
I've not heard back from either yet, aside from the confirmation email. 😕
Educhat
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BlythePaterson)
I've not heard back from either yet, aside from the confirmation email. 😕
Thanks. If I’m honest I wasn’t expecting to hear anything until the applications closed in January but then I stumbled across this forum and see other Unis have invited to interview already- so I did begin to wonder 💭
AJ230212
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi 👋🏼 has any heard from Strathclyde, Aberdeen, Glasgow or UHI regarding interviews for PGDE secondary for Business Education? 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (56)
12.33%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.76%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.87%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (41)
9.03%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (212)
46.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.3%

Watched Threads