The Student Room Group

Why is it so hot today?

Scroll to see replies

I can agree. Bouldering sucks when it's hot and you start slipping off slopers as well as having your energy depleted lol
Who knows man, its almost as if we get hot weather in summer
Original post by boulderingislife
Stupid weather. I want rain and cold now! :mad:

another bloody hot day today. Meh. Think I need to get a portable air con unit. Can't be dealing with this heat man. It's too hot to sleep - feel like a zombie today after like a week of sleep deprivation haha
Original post by Hazzz01
Climate change!

The NI temperature records being broken for two days in a row is exceptional, yes - but the current heatwave isn't actually anything out the ordinary for the UK. It is July, and we do normally have periods of very warm-hot sunny weather in the summer, usually followed by a thundery breakdown! Having temperatures of around 30°C for a few days is also quite usual, particularly in the south and east (it's unusual in the west, which is where the main heat currently is).

NB - I am not a climate change denier by the way - I'm just contextualising the current weather.
Original post by SirNoodles
I can agree. Bouldering sucks when it's hot and you start slipping off slopers as well as having your energy depleted lol

it was so hot yesterday i was slipping off jugs, nevermind slopers! :teehee:
(edited 2 years ago)
Any of you kids remember the year it hit 38C in London? Around 10 years ago I think.
Any of you kids remember the year it hit 38C in London? Around 10 years ago I think.

surely that's impossible
Original post by kayinda
surely that's impossible

check the weather history - i still remember that year it was 38. It was the most awful i've felt haha! I actually got a heat related headache!

Here you go http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3138865.stm
(edited 2 years ago)
another bloody hot day today. Meh. Think I need to get a portable air con unit. Can't be dealing with this heat man. It's too hot to sleep - feel like a zombie today after like a week of sleep deprivation haha

Sleep under a damp towel, it works every time.
Original post by lil5ve
Im sick of it already British people aint designed for these temperatures.

Agreed
check the weather history - i still remember that year it was 38. It was the most awful i've felt haha! I actually got a heat related headache!

Here you go http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3138865.stm

ok interesting I thought there was only temps like that in places like egypt and qatar
Hate summer
Original post by HotaruWalkthr
Hate summer

Me too. Total bs. Bring on winter :woo:
Yay it’s cold today!

Yep
it's amazing today. Woo hoo. cooler, raining, flood alerts! win win all round!
the sun said byeeeeee
Original post by nikkiblonsky
the sun said byeeeeee

Yay! Weather is way more bearable.
Original post by nikkiblonsky
the sun said byeeeeee

Finally:adore:
weather has been dreamy last week or two. So beautifully bearable unlike the shitfest that plagued us with sleepless nights some weeks ago!
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest