Things to do over the summer!

Watch
Mathsgirl888
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi everyone

So I’m just starting my summer holidays and I’m already bored lol! So I’m looking for some ideas of things that I could do. I’m up for anything really so please share anything you know of. I don’t mind some volunteering but I’m particularly interested in online courses/programmes - I’ve just started my iDEA silver award so that should keep me busy for a few days. Another thing that I’m interested in is sport coaching/umpiring courses that are free because I looked at some but they all cost. My favourite sports are hockey, netball, lacrosse and dance but please share anything that know!

Thanks for your help !

EDIT: Don’t mind anything academic too! Particularly STEM and classics.
Last edited by Mathsgirl888; 2 months ago
cyrusb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Mathsgirl888)
Hi everyone

So I’m just starting my summer holidays and I’m already bored lol! So I’m looking for some ideas of things that I could do. I’m up for anything really so please share anything you know of. I don’t mind some volunteering but I’m particularly interested in online courses/programmes - I’ve just started my iDEA silver award so that should keep me busy for a few days. Another thing that I’m interested in is sport coaching/umpiring courses that are free because I looked at some but they all cost. My favourite sports are hockey, netball, lacrosse and dance but please share anything that know!

Thanks for your help !

EDIT: Don’t mind anything academic too! Particularly STEM and classics.
what i personally enjoy would have to be books! i’ve spent my summer reading and collecting them while i wasn’t working. not to mention finding a school program or subject you’d like to learn more about, and setting yourself your own academic goals with it! find a way to write some essays on a topic pertaining to it, write a book report, make a music playlist for each hobby you have so hearing it gets you motivated for that particular thing. i hope you have a good rest of your summer X
-Cyrus
Mathsgirl888
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by cyrusb)
what i personally enjoy would have to be books! i’ve spent my summer reading and collecting them while i wasn’t working. not to mention finding a school program or subject you’d like to learn more about, and setting yourself your own academic goals with it! find a way to write some essays on a topic pertaining to it, write a book report, make a music playlist for each hobby you have so hearing it gets you motivated for that particular thing. i hope you have a good rest of your summer X
-Cyrus
Thanks for the ideas! I look into them more.

Please continue to share anything you know of!
Mathsgirl888
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys! I’m still looking for ideas so please share whatever you know of. Thanks again!
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you're interested in online courses, then try FutureLearn or Coursera which have lots of great courses on all kinds of subjects for free!
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
find a job
Mathsgirl888
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by tinygirl96)
find a job
I’ve looked. Can’t find anywhere. Most places want someone 18 or maybe 16 plus.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
12.73%
I need help researching courses (10)
6.06%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
4.85%
I need help with my personal statement (71)
43.03%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (39)
23.64%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.82%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.88%

Watched Threads