Sarah19930
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
John acquired on hire purchase a car from Peter’s Finance Ltd. Immediately on taking delivery of the car John
Last edited by Sarah19930; 1 month ago
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
My gut feeling on this is that as the contract that the first dealership was with John only they can only take action against John for breach, James is divorced from that agreement and had no way of knowing that the car had not been paid for by the first buyer and he was not a party to that agreement, like I said, that's just a feeling which could be wrong. I would if I were you go over the lectures on this module again because the foundation for answering these sorts of question is usually found within them.
Last edited by ROTL94; 2 months ago
DonC715
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
My gut feeling on this is that as the contract that the first dealership was with John only they can only take action against John for breach, James is divorced from that agreement and had no way of knowing that the car had not been paid for by the first buyer and he was not a party to that agreement, like I said, that's just a feeling which could be wrong. I would if I were you go over the lectures on this module again because the foundation for answering these sorts of question is usually found within them.
Hi!
Hate to be a pain but could anyone possibly throw some ideas at me/pointers for an essay im writing.

The jury, in determining whether an individual has acted dishonestly for (in relation to theft), should firstly consider whether the individual has acted dishonestly by the standards of "ordinary and honest" people
-if they find he has, then
they need to consider whether the individual himself must have realised what he was doing was by those standards- dishonest.”

Is this accurate in regards to the state of the law today? Should this be the case?
Thanks a lot either way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.39%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.64%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.27%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.75%

Watched Threads