The Student Room Group

Are there any podcasts that gives university life related advice?

Do you guys know any podcasts that go through university lifestyle and advice based on student experience in the form of interviews?
Original post by shimothy32
Do you guys know any podcasts that go through university lifestyle and advice based on student experience in the form of interviews?

Hi @shimothy32,

I do not specifically know about podcasts, but the University of Lincoln’s Live Lounge series goes through a lot of different aspects of university life, experiences and popular discussion points (such as how to write a personal statement etc). You can browse them on FaceBook, but also on YouTube, by searching ‘University of Lincoln Live Lounge’ - look out for our logo! At Lincoln you can also use our UniBuddy system to chat to current students to ask them about their current university experience, which is great because after all everyone has a different experience. You can do that here.

You will find some of our content will help you with the university admissions process, but in my personal experience the best way to prepare for interviews is to firstly take a breather - you’ve got this! Secondly, get all the resources (if necessary) and answers to possible questions that you can think of prepared, this will ease the stress of the interview. My final piece of personal advice would be sit upright and keep your posture approachable and interested, and make sure to ask questions yourself - after all that would be your opportunity to quiz the university to see if they are right for you also.

I hope this helps, good luck with your application.

Connor - Third Year History Student
Reply 2
Original post by UniOfLincolnStudent
Hi @shimothy32,

I do not specifically know about podcasts, but the University of Lincoln’s Live Lounge series goes through a lot of different aspects of university life, experiences and popular discussion points (such as how to write a personal statement etc). You can browse them on FaceBook, but also on YouTube, by searching ‘University of Lincoln Live Lounge’ - look out for our logo! At Lincoln you can also use our UniBuddy system to chat to current students to ask them about their current university experience, which is great because after all everyone has a different experience. You can do that here.

You will find some of our content will help you with the university admissions process, but in my personal experience the best way to prepare for interviews is to firstly take a breather - you’ve got this! Secondly, get all the resources (if necessary) and answers to possible questions that you can think of prepared, this will ease the stress of the interview. My final piece of personal advice would be sit upright and keep your posture approachable and interested, and make sure to ask questions yourself - after all that would be your opportunity to quiz the university to see if they are right for you also.

I hope this helps, good luck with your application.

Connor - Third Year History Student

Thank you so much connor! That was so insightful! I actually managed to find one called Inbetween Lectures on Spotify. They interview different university students to talk about university lifestyle and advice. I DM-ed their instagram and they were really helpful.
Reply 3
Search Freshers Take, it is a podcast created by students at the university of Lincoln that discuss different topics and aspects about student life and university including money management, stress management, building confidence, independence, cohabitation and loads of other topics each episode. I’ve been watching the episodes and they are really informative. I listen to them on Spotify but I think they might be online somewhere as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending